Urban Decay's Theodora Palette: Furthering my Mila Kunis Obsession...

Urban Decay Theodora Palette
So, my Mila Kunis obsession (have you noticed that yet? I need to stop watching Friends with Benefits on TV, it makes the whole thing worse).... The new Wizard of Oz movie is making it WAY worse. I really want to see it, and Mila just looks amazing in the previews. Shocker.

Urban Decay is one of the companies with product tie-ins, and of course they've opted to create a couple of amazing palettes! I have the Theodora Palette, which is a good fit for my coloring. I admit that I still want the Glinda palette anyways, which would have worked better with my lighter hair.

Urban Decay Wizard of Oz Movie Palette Review
You can see that this palette comes with a lot of colors. Obviously you wouldn't use all of them at once, but with so many neutrals here and some great accent colors there are so many possibilities!

Urban Decay Oz Theodora Palette Swatch
Broken basically blends into my skin so well that you can't see it here. Beware and Bewitch are both matte, while there is subtle shimmer in West. I'm not so sure about that gold in Spell (it's not really gold, more of a bright taxi cab yellow to me), but the shimmery black is perfect for lining your eyes! Soooo pretty! And while I initially wasn't a huge fan of the greens in Jealous (they are a bit lighter than I though would be flattering), I've since seen my friend Phyrra's Theodora Eye Look Tutorial and I'm sold! I've used the darker green to line under my eyes (with the lighter green under the lash line and close to my inner corner) and it really is really pretty in person.

The palette also comes with a black eye liner, the 24/7 pencil in Zero. The pencil is a little bit soft for lining inside of my water line, but it is very deep black and it smudges really easily into my lash line.

Urban Decay Theodora Wizard of Oz Red Lip
The palette also comes with Theodora, a glossy red creme. It is in a pencil, but Urban Decay's High-Gloss Lip Colors are more of a gloss-lipstick hybrid. It has a lot of pigment, isn't sticky but it also really shiny.

I grabbed the only other UD High-Gloss Lip Color that I own to compare, because I thought it look suspiciously like Theodora. F-Bomb is also a creamy red, though in the pencil it is a tad warmer, lighter (aka- more orange) and less shiny. On my arm (and on my lips) I really couldn't tell a difference. If I was forcing myself to say something was different, maybe Theodora is a bit more red. But, they're pretty close!

Mila Kunis in the Wizard of Oz Makeup
The palette comes with directions for recreating Mila's look, so I had to try it! I'm not usually a girl that likes to wing her shadow up on to her browbone like it shows. I don't really know what landmarks to stop at, and I don't think it looks good on me. Some of that is definitely user error! So, I was a bit nervous using such dark colors on my eyes like this.

Mila Kunis as Theodora
Once I had the look done, it was a bit much for a day look. In person the eyes were darker, and with my hair, my fair skin and the dark eyes the red lips were definitely wrong. I needed a nude lip for sure! If I had a darker complexion (like Mila) then the eyes would have less contrast and the red lip wouldn't be so dramatic. I do like the red lip, just not with this combination.


Some of my friends have posted about these palettes as well, check out what they had to say!

Theodora
Beauty and Fashion Tech's Theodora Review
Phyrra's Theodora Review, also a great Theodora Eye Look Tutorial

Glinda
Beauty and Fashion Tech's Glinda Review
Phyrra's Glinda Review


Urban Decay

13 comments

  1. I love this palette on you! Rawr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the Theodora looks great on you! Maybe a bit too much for day/work, but great for evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that you look AMAZING! I don't think that the red lip is too much at all! I think that you look great! The whole pallet suites you very well! (= http://sweetsoutherntalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That palette looks great on you. And seriously, you look fantastic with red lips! It isn't too much at all, it looks perfect on you. I have huge lips, so bright colors can be a bit overwhelming on me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a really wonderful eyes. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you look great! Very beautiful, love the colors on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you look great! Very beautiful, love the colors on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this look and I like you in red lips too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to echo the previous posts: you look beautiful! No, not for daytime but for a special occasion, it's a super-flattering look. You have such lovely, large eyes that you can easily pull off lots of shadow, even the darker colours. Love the new dark hair.

    moushka26 at yahoo (dot) ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are much too shy and retiring.

    With the darker hair, these colors look lovely on you. And that red on your lips is your red color. You can be much more bold with your new hair color, so Go for It!

    And this is a good day look. Again, don't be shy and think that you need to hide it under dim lighting at night.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this look and think you really suit the red lip. It's so chic.

    hugs,
    Elyse x
    http://www.sweetelyseblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your eyes look just gorgeous!! I love your lashes. Mila is on the cover of the March Allure so when it came in the mail today I instantly thought of you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Girlfriend, the red lip is amazing on you! The whole palette works well for you

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...