Get the Look: Julie Bowen's Makeup at the SAG Awards


Get the Look: Julie Bowen's Makeup at the SAG Awards
I loved Julie Bowen's makeup at the Screen Actor Guild Awards. It was a beautiful soft cat eye with a bit of smokiness, off set with a very pretty pink lippie. While I thought she looked great, this really was a look more suited for every day or maybe a night out. It isn't really Red Carpet material in my mind. (Maybe with a little more glow or a subtle pink cheek added in. And the pink lip needs to be more special.) The look was created by Makeup artist Heather Currie.

Face
Currie kept Julie’s skin looking dewy and fresh by applying Avon Be Blushed Cheek Color in Powder Pink on the apples of her cheeks.

Eyes
Currie used Irresistibly Sexy Eyeshadow Palette in Bombshell to bring depth and smokiness to Julie’s eyes and added a little shimmer to pick up the glimmer of the jewels on Julie's dress.

The inner rims of Julie's eyes were lined with Glimmersticks Eyeliner in Cosmic Brown, and the tops of her eyelids with Ultra Luxury Eyeliner in Black. She then smudged the black liner into Julie’s eyeshadow to create a subtle cat eye and finished the look with a few coats of SuperExtend Extreme Mascara in Black.

Lip
In order to create a romantic lip that would complete Julie’s look, Currie swiped two coats of Totally Kissable lipstick in Lovey Dovey on Julie’s lips. No gloss was used.

2 comments

  1. Hi Christine! Agree that the look, although lovely, is a special night out look. I like a matte finish too but she needed just a bit of glow for Red Carpet cameras.

    Her lipstick washes her out. She seems to have warmer skin undertones & I would have selected a slightly deeper warmer shade. I'm nitpicking as she is gorgeous and her eyes look fabulous! I covet the lipstick for me. Lol. I'm partial to pretty, subtle pinks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm - I'm not a big fan of this look - I tend to agree with Brigid - the cool lips and cheeks clash with her warmer skintone.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...