Shu Uemura White Recovery EX

For those of you with dry and sensitive skin, I know that the search for a facial scrub has been long and probably not very fruitful. Most scrubs are much too harsh in terms of the exfoliation, or the surfactants within the scrub are much too harsh for your skin. Either way, you end up dry and irritated, and likely not any better than you were before the scrub.

Well, I'm happy to report that your search can end, because the nice people over at Shu Uemura are coming to your rescue! Glance at the list of ingredients below, and compare them to the moisturizer post. This scrub offers exfoliation with a ton of moisture!
Ingredients:
Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Sea Water, Glycerin, Beheneth-10, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Gentiana Lutea/Gentiana Lutea Root Extract, Prunus Cerasus/Bitter Cherry Extract, Water, Propylene Glycol, Polyethylene, CI 42090/Blue 1 Lake, Alcohol, Benzoic Acid, Methylparaben, Hexyl Cinnamal, Fragrance

Overall, this is a very gentle scrub, and for a scrub it really is very hydrating. It is very light blue (almost white) with some small blue specks in it. I seem to remember a very faint, but pleasant odor to it last week, but I'm so stuffed up right now I can't smell it at all (sorry about that!) When you rub it in you will feel the very small grains in it, but they are very small and uniform. You'll need to really rub it around for a bit more exfoliation. It does feel a bit greasy, I believe that is the sheer number of emollients and humectants in this scrub! While not as hydrating as Bioelements Cremetherapy (which is actually meant to hydrate, unlike this scrub), I did find that if I waited a few minutes before rinsing my skin was very hydrated!

Exfoliation and hydration in one step- Who knew it was possible?

Shu Uemura White Recovery EX

4 comments

  1. Hi Christine,

    Do you think this will clog pores?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... will have to try this out as I whole-heartedly believe in exfolation!

    Mischo Beauty
    http://mischobeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, I want to try this! I love anything Shu :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think it will clog pores, at least it didn't for me. Everything rinsed off very easily without any residue I could feel.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...