MAC Peacocky Mega Metal Shadows

MAC Peacocky Mega Metal Shadow, swatch, dalliance, Centre Stage
MAC is releasing a new collection today, Peacocky. The collection consists of lips (with the new kissable lipcolours, I'm loving them, I'll share them with you soon, I promise!) as well as their Mega Metal Shadows. The Mega shadows are definitely mega, they outsize the normal MAC shadows for sure. MAC says they are "reamy, crease-resistant" and have "vitamin-fortified flexibility".

I honestly don't find them any different than a typical MAC eyeshadow. They are definitely well pigmented, the blend great and I love the colors, but I would disagree with those on-line that are saying they apply like a cream.

MAC Peacocky Mega Metal Shadow, swatch, dalliance, Centre Stage
I believe there are 15 shades of Mega Metal Shadows in all, and I had the chance to try out 2 of them. Centre Stage is "a frosted chocolate brown" that really seemed more like a chocolate brown with gold shimmer, not so much frosty. I found it perfect to use as a liner or to create a smokey eye look.

Dalliance is a light champagne color that I truly am in love with. It works on the brow bone, the inner corner of the eye (where it appeared on the Vena Cava Spring 2011 RTW Runway), over any shadow to create shine and just make everything prettier.

The Peacocky collection is available beginning today at MAC.
MAC Cosmetics

7 comments

  1. Daliance is super pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Pretty! I don't understand what that chocolate brown shade is doing in a "metal" collection, it doesn't seem metallic at all! It's very beautiful though. The champagne shade is very close to the Revlon Diamond Lust Sheer Eyeshadow in Platinum Plaything, just a light silvery shade for the browbone or as a top layer for matte shadows. I'm not very excited with the lip glosses though, there's nothing very special about them. In fact, two of the shades (the fire-engine red one and the blue one) actually look very cheap to me! The eyeshadows, however, look pretty. Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wife loves mac products... great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Mac eyeshadows! Right now I am obsessed with pigments but it is good to know that you are impressed with the normal shadows too!

    Love your posts!
    Kelly (Blondes on a Budget)

    http://budgetingblondies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just did a look with these two yesterday and I adored the way it came out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the Dalliance color and was looking for a replacement for the brow highlighter I use now (Crystal Avalanch-I think). It looks a little yellow in the picture. Is there a yellow tint to it, or is it really a white?
    www.MomsLifeMadeEasy.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's not really yellow, more like an ivory/champagne color. If you want really white, I'd check out the new Jeanius eye shadows. White Jeanius has some pretty shimmer and is really white, though it is not quite as pigmented as other MAC shadows. I'm going to use it as a highlighter if that helps :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...