New Info Graphics

Recently I've been sharing my plans for my theme days and how I'm covering different topics currently, and what my plans are for future coverage. I've gotten some great feed back via comments and a few emails, and I wanted to share something that you'll be seeing on new posts from this point forward. This is something that I had in the back of my mind as something that I should do, but a few people asked for it and that definitely tipped me over the edge!

So, these graphics will start appearing on the bottom of product reviews. Here's exactly what I mean by them:
The following statement is true.

The following statement is not true.


After the X or Check you'll see one of the graphics below:
This statement is a post in and of itself, I'll explain it a bit more in depth in a post tomorrow. Clicking this graphic will eventually take you back to that post.

Most likely this graphic will only appear on hair care and skin cleanser reviews. There will be a post coming up in the next few weeks about why you should (or shouldn't) care about Sulfates.

Again, skin care and hair care product posts. More info will be forth coming.

I've been threatening a parabens post for years, and I've even had one mostly done for quite a while. I personally don't care about parabens. Some people do. The literature isn't convincing. I'll go over it a little bit in a post and the graphic will link back to it. While I personally don't pay attention to parabens in my products at this time because the evidence currently hasn't convinced me, I fully support everyone that has decided that they want to avoid them. So, watch for parabens yes/no on the bottom of product reviews.

More evidence is coming out about pesticides and the neurologic development of children. In the past I haven't really cared about organic or not (whether in products or in my food), but things changed a bit last year when I became pregnant and had my daughter. That coincided with more evidence being released and I tried to be as organic as possible for my food and if my beauty products are organic then I'm even happier. I'll be putting this at the bottom of product reviews, but note I'll be taking the word of the company regarding organic status. As well, organic is hard regulate and some of it doesn't make much sense to me. (For example, water is not organic. Technically, it is a chemical. So, it doesn't count. Strange much?)

This is something that I've had readers ask about, but I've been reluctant to discuss given how nebulous this is. Do I take a company's word for it? Do I care about the company currently or in the past 50 years? Do I care about just this brand or the entire company? What do I say when a brand claims to be cruelty free, but someone on-line says otherwise? So, there was a lot to think about. I've decided to go the easy route. If that little cruelty-free bunny is on the product I'll say yes to this. Otherwise the answer is no.

I think this will only be on hair care reviews. I'm only now becoming aware of how this does/doesn't matter as I'm about to try out the Curly Girl no-poo program.


Did I forget anything that you want to see? Let me know in the comments!

2 comments

  1. I love this idea, and I so agree with you about parabens ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also on the same page about parabens.. so many other nasties to worry about, and like you said, what I've read just doesn't have me all that convinced. I think these new graphics are awesome ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...