A Day at the Counter with Le Métier de Beauté: Yes, A Mask and Peel on the Floor of Neimans

So, Le Métier de Beauté is one of those epic, super high end brands that I love to oogle over, but have never really made an effort to get to know. I figured they must be horribly over priced and not worthwhile, right?? Right?? Well....

Recently I had the chance to visit one of their counters (my friend Pam came along), where I was pampered with their newest Mask and Peel set.

The first part of the set is the peel. The tube has a brush on it, you turn the brush to let you squeeze out the product. As you brush it on you'll feel that it is mildly tingly, but it doesn't hurt at all. You can leave it on up to 5 minutes, but if you want less exfoliation rinse it off sooner. We left it on my skin for the full 5 minutes (and I have rosacea) and there was no redness, irritation or other issues.

The second step is the mask, which feels like a thick cream, though slightly sticky. It feels a bit cool and just...soothing. It starts white and dries to a light blue over about 10-15 minutes. You can take it off at any point, though to get the full benefit you should wait until it is dry. It feels comfortable when it dries, and it really moves with you as you do anything. When was the last time a mask let you actually talk? And didn't hurt when it dried? Yeah, pretty much never. It peels off pretty easily.

Once the mask is off, you reveal what Venus (the product rep I was working with at Neimans) called the "Cinderella Effect." Seriously, Pam made her stop peeling the mask off of me to pet my skin. I wish I had taped Pam's reaction to the reveal, because she was cracking me up! There was a lot of gasping and "shut up!"

My skin really looked amazing, and you can see that a bit in the picture above. That's my skin with nothing on it as Venus was starting the amazing smoky eye she gave me just a few minutes later. My skin was soft, my pores were definitely smaller and overall my tone was much more even. The effects lasted for over a week!


Once my treatment was over, Venus did an amazing makeover on me! I had a beautiful brown smoky eye with depth... seriously, it was amazing. Unfortunately, this is the best pic we got of it.

What she used:
Peau Vierge Face Shade #2 (though, I could have used #1)
Peau Vierge Concealer (I bought this! It made all of my undereye circles disappear in person, though you can still see them a bit in this pic. Yes, I was on call the night before.)
Sun Kissed Bronzer
Echo Blush
5 different eye shadows
Aubergine Mascara
Black Liquid Liner
Nudite Lip Liner
Ibiza Lip Gloss (I bought this as well, it's that perfect in between nude/pinky shade)


Le Métier de Beauté

2 comments

  1. Your skins looks very pretty. Love the makeup too!
    Do u think the mask would be to much if I use retinA?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous! You are really making want to try this! Too bad there aren't any counters in Canada. :-(

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...