Flat Iron in a Bottle? AG's Set It Straight

straighten hair, hair straightener, flat iron, AG hair, hair cosmeticAs much as I write about flat irons and creating great hair styles with them, the truth is that I don't actually like to spend that much time styling my hair each day. That 15 Minutes in my banner above? It refers to the time I have to style my hair (once it is dry), apply makeup, put on clothes (oh yeah, those) and get my butt out the door each morning. Is there time for a flat iron each day? Not so much.

I already dry my hair straight each day. I use a paddle brush and dry my hair while applying a bit of tension while the nozzle of my dryer is directed parallel down the hair shaft. This gets my hair "mostly" straight, but I do have issues with some frizz that needs help from a flat iron.

So, I was pretty interested to see what Set It Straight could do for my wavy hair. This is a clear product, it smells kind of like apricots or peaches (I really couldn't decide exactly what fruit it is, but it's definitely a light fruit smell). I apply it to wet hair, then comb it through with a wide toothed comb for even application. it doesn't feel sticky at all and it's pretty easy to distribute evenly. I don't need it near my roots so I tend to leave an inch or two product free up there, but it's really up to you. Then I dry my hair "loosely" by just using my fingers to separate the hair, to add volume you can direct the root "against" the direction you want it to lie but you really don't need to dry your hair hanging upside down like so many women seem to do. Once my hair is about halfway dry, I switch to a brush. I use a big paddle brush to hold a bit of tension in my hair while I direct my dryer parallel but down the hair shaft. For a little bit of curl at the end I might finish off the ends with a round brush.

The end result? For absolutely no change in my blow drying routine, I now have perfectly blown out hair. It looks like I either went to a salon or spent hours with a flat iron. Really. I think I'm going to buy stock in AG!

AG Hair Cosmetics

2 comments

  1. is there a retail store that sells this or does it have to be bought at a salon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a salon brand but there are a few places on-line that you can buy from them. I did a quick google search and found quite a few, here's the link on Sleek Hair

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...