Ooh La La! Leonor Greyl Huile de Palme

leonor greyl, hair treatment, intense, intensive, oil, review
I've never been a VO5 girl. I remember seeing the ads in high school, wondering why on earth would I want to put oil in my hair? Well, during my visit to Paris last year I had a treatment at an amazing spa, and the oil did wonders for my hair. It was soft, I lost split ends and I had amazing volume. But, I honestly haven't repeated the treatments because the multi-step process seems time consuming and annoying to complete at home.


So, I was pretty interested to try out the Huile de Palme from Leonor Greyl. This is not a new company. In fact, Leonor Greyl has been around for over 40 years, primarily in France (they are very popular in Paris), and they are now branching out into the US. Currently their products are available at only a few salons across the US, but you can find them on sites like Beauty Habit and Folica.com. They incorporate natural ingredients like Palm Oil, Wheat Germ Oil and even Magnolia into their products.

So far I've only tried out the Huile de Palme. This is an oil that has 2 uses, one is as an intensive treatment before washing your hair, the other as protection against sun and pool water. I've tried it out only as an intensive treatment so far, though I have to say I'm pretty impressed. I comb tablespoon or so of this oil (it feels like olive oil and has a floral scent) through my hair about 10 or 15 minutes before my shower. It makes my hair stick together a bit, but it is actually a little bit dry. I then wash and condition as usual.

The end result is definitely worth it. My hair is soft and manageable, not at all over conditioned. I think I'll be buying more of this oil when my current bottle runs out.

Just a quick note if you do buy this: The oil becomes a milky yellow solid when it is below about 72 degrees. Just put it in warm water and it will melt easily, no harm done! I was surprised the first time I found it like this in my shower.

Leonor Greyl Huile de Palme

1 comment

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...