A Trip to the Original Kiehl's and a New Favorite Kiehl's Product!


Last week I finally went to New York City. Somehow I've never been there (likely this is related to spending most of my twenties either in school or working in a hospital). Most of my trip was related to this blog, and I spent a lot of time with other bloggers from the Total Beauty network. We went all over the city meeting with brands, learning about their new products. A lot of fragrances were sniffed, lotions sampled and you can only imagine how many different colors of lipstick and eye liner ended up on the backs of our hands.

For me one of the major highlights of the trip was our trip to the original Kiehl's store, where we were able to trial a few new products (you can see one of the rooms above, this is their facial skincare area). I'm a huge Kiehl's fan (you can probably tell from this blog, I get pretty excited when trying out new things), and I have to say that I've even managed to suck my husband into my mania. I somehow managed to not buy the whole store while I was there, but it was a struggle.

Read on to find out more about the products I'm so excited about and which one is now my new favorite Kiehl's product!

Kiehl's Organic Acai Collection
Kiehl's Organic Acai Collection

The first new product collection that we tried out was the new organic Acai collection. In fact it was so new that they haven't even made sample sizes for it yet!

The secret of this new collection is the Acai Berry extract, an insanely powerful anti-oxidant. The products also contain Aloe Vera, Lavender, and Rosemary. Overall, the products are all known to help with free radicals and should be anti-aging and help with tone, texture and resilience. The products have a light herbal scent and the moisturizer was light and sunk in immediately (I tested in on the back of my hand). If you really want to pack a punch then I recommend buying the serum, as it has the highest percentage (10%) of acai extract.

I really loved the toning mist. It has all of the active ingredients in a light mist, and it's perfect for spraying whenever you want. It is very light, and I thought it was very refreshing for a mid-day pickup, but it would also be perfect for on a plane or for helping to set your makeup. I hope they come out with small travel sizes of this one!


Kiehl's Rare Earth Collection
Kiehl's Rare Earth Collection

This product line has actually been in stores since August, and I've been meaning to post about it, but honestly I was busy with work and getting ready for my trip. This is a line that I've been waiting years for! One of the first posts on this site was a little ode to my favorite face mask. The original sucks gunk out of your pores without making your skin feel raw and just leaves behind glowing skin. So, I have high expectations for this line!

The secret behind these products really is dirt. No lie, dirt is what makes your skin look perfect. Not just any dirt though, there are all sorts of special dirts in those tubes!
• Amazonian White Clay: This clay is farmed from Marajo Island in South America at the mouth of the Amazon. It helps pull stuff out of your pores and to exfoliate the skin.
• Kaolin: This clay is found in a huge number of mattifying powders and serums for one reason: it sucks up the oil and keeps your skin from looking shiny! Just seeing this listed makes me think the products are going to work.
• Bentonite: This clay is usually formed from volcanic ash and is related to Kaolin. It is also very absorbent.

This collection contains a cleanser, a toner, a lotion (which really is the product that you should go for to keep your skin matte all day if you have to pick one, the others will help but I think this is where the money is), and a "deep pore cleansing masque." The masque is out of stock pretty much everywhere, and I can't wait to hunt it down!


Kiehl's Imperial Body Balm
This body balm came out on September 1st, and while I got e-mails announcing it's arrival I didn't think much of it. "A new body creme, mmmm, not exciting." That's what I thought. I was wrong. This stuff is amazing.

This is my new favorite Kiehl's product. If I could bath in this stuff every day I would.

The first thing you need to know about this product is that it is bright yellow. This picture is not photoshopped. It really is that bright yellow. Do not fear the yellow body balm. It will not turn you a strange color and it will not stain your clothes. The yellow body balm is your friend.

Why is it this crazy color? Apparently something called Sea Buckthorn Berry. It is an anti-oxidant so will help with aging, you'll also find Cocoa and Shea butters to help with moisture, as well as glycolic acid to help with cell turnover and exfoliation. The whole concoction smells amazing because they've scented it with amber, vanilla and there's a hint of something spicier as well.

This product feels incredibly luxurious on your skin, sinking in almost immediately and leaving your skin feeling insanely soft. A small hint of the scent does linger, but it doesn't interfere with your perfume. The moisture lasts for hours.

Really, this is a must-have for winter.

My anti-aging ingredient check list for this body balm:




Kiehl's.com

2 comments

  1. Looks like you had a great time:) I didn't RSVP on time with totalbeauty so perhaps next time.
    Can't wait to try the Acai products, they sound so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sea Buckthorn is amazing, it has healing properties like you wouldn't believe! In Russia back in Soviet times when the conventional medicines were sparse doctors used to subscribe Sea Buckthorn oil to heal stomach ulcers. It regenerates tissue at an amazing rate, I was always surprised that there weren't any cosmetics loaded with the stuff on the market.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...