MAC's Comfort Créme, A Prescriptives Favorite Finds a New Home

Mac comfort creme, créme, prescriptives comfort cream, replacement, review
While Comfort Créme is new to the MAC line up (it was released to the permanent collection when Cham Pale came out on 12/26), though it isn't a new product. Originally a Prescriptives product, Comfort Cream was part of their regular collection. It was slightly reformulated in 2009, and then a few months later it was announced that Prescriptives would be closing.

What to do with the more popular Prescriptives products? Well, it turns out that Estée Lauder (their parent company) has transferred a few items to other lines. The Comfort Cream is one of those products, hence it is now at MAC. False Eyelashes mascara and liquid powder are other Prescriptives products that I've noticed over at MAC.

Unfortunately, I can't find the ingredient list for the Prescriptives product, though the MAC version's ingredient list does list the same active ingredients that Prescriptive's product was known for such as Algae and Kola Nut Extracts, Tumeric Root and Vitamins A & E.



Strangely enough, I do think that the 2 versions are a little bit different. You can see that the MAC version is a slightly different color and is thicker than the Prescriptives version. Both have the same light scent, are thick and creamy and feel incredibly hydrating upon application. The MAC version takes a minute or two longer to fully sink into my skin, though neither leaves behind a residue, so I can apply make up over it.

I don't really see this lotion as an "every day" part of my routine, rather it is something that I've been rotating in as I need extra hydration or using on irritated areas. I've found the Prescriptives version to be calming on those areas in the past, so I'm hoping to have the same success with the MAC version.

Ingredients
Water, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Cetyl Esters, Caprylic/capric/myristic/stearic Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitat, Myristyl Myristate, Aleurites Moluccana (kukui) seed oil, Polyperfluouromethylisopropyl ether, Isononyl isononanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lecithin, Squalene, Hypnea Musciformis (Algae) Extract, Gellidiela Acerosa (Algae) Extrace, Algae Extract, Cola Nitida (Kola) Seed Extract, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Vitis Vinnifera (Grape) Seed Extrace, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) extract, Selaginella Tamariscina (Spike Moss) Extract, Hordeum vulgare (Barley) Extract, Extrait D'Orge, Polygonum Cuspidatum Root Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Macrocystis Pyrifera (Kelp) Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Peel Extract, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Juice Extract, Asparagopsis Armata Extract, Yeact Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Acetyl Glucosamine, Myristyl Laurate, Ethylhexyl Isononandate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Sorbitol, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Phytosphingosine, Caprylyl glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Glycine, Sucrose, Cyclodextrn, Carbomer, Acrylamides copolymer, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Linolenic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentastearate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Behenyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Sodium Hydroxide, Myristyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Ethylbisiminomethylguaiacol Manganese Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides

MAC Comfort Créme

3 comments

  1. That is the only non-ointment stuff that works on my nose when I have a cold. It doesn't sting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great piece and nice detective work.
    I knew that the new Comfort Creme was familiar but could not place it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really miss my original comfort cream. It had such a glide on feel to it.
    I just got my first MAC comfort cream after trying to use other comparable products when Prescriptives was no longer available. All fell short. Needless to say I was thrilled to hear it was now available at MAC.
    It is different but I am hoping I will adjust and forget how the other one felt and smelled. But it's not a total winner for me.
    It feels heavier and smells a bit more fragranced to me but it's been awhile since I purchased it and that might just be my memory. I agree it takes longer to soak in.
    I really wish companies would stop reformulating things. New and improved almost never is ;=)
    I wish now I had stocked up.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...