Strangely Yearning For: Blow's Perfect Shower Cap

Blow Perfect Shower Cap
Oddly enough, I've found myself coveting this shower cap over the past few months. Yes, it is very 1960's to wear a shower cap. Well, at least it is here in the midwest, where we don't all go get professional blowouts every 2-3 days. Anyways, as I became more and more pregnant I found that it was harder and harder to do my hair every day (mostly because it takes so long to dry my hair and it always needs to involve flipping my head over, I can't dry my hair without doing that).

So, I started to wash my hair every other day. But putting my hair up in a clip while in the shower just seemed to make my hair flat and lifeless that day. I think this would have helped, so I'll be buying one soon.

Why is this so special? It is not just a plastic shower cap. It is lined with terry cloth to help catch the steam before it hits your hair, the whole thing is bigger to make sure it covers well over your hair line.

Does anyone have it? Is it worth $18?

Blow's Perfect Shower Cap

4 comments

  1. Oh gosh - I couldn't stand to do my hair every day! I enjoy my sleep too much. I've been using shower caps for years - cool or not. ;) I found one at The Rack that is actually a fabric like material which probably works similar to the one you are looking at. But to be honest, after years of using shower caps, I've just found that bigger = better. The more you cover (no edges peaking out) the better.

    I don't know that you need an $18 one when the cute ones at The Rack for $6 work totally fine. But - the terrycloth does sound nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy... looks like I'm about to be out $18 since I NEED this. I use a shower cap most days because I only wash my hair 2-3 times a week (I do my own bow-outs). You might want to invest in the $2.99 big box store version to make sure you'll really use a shower cap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't used this particular shower cap - but I had to pipe up and give a shout out to Blow's blow dry lotion. I read somewhere that Jen Aniston uses it, so I picked up a bottle at Ulta. It seriously cuts down on my blow-drying time, and gives me a bit of shiny volume without frizz. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, the blow dry lotion is that good? It's going on my shopping list, thanks Jaime!

    I'm convinced, I'm buying a shower cap. A giant one. Thanks everyone!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...