MAC Jeanius Eye Shadows


At first glance, these shadow are too pretty to be used. They've been imprinted with the look of denim, even down to a metal rivet! I love how they look at first, though they are hiding what the shadows underneath really look like.

Read on to see swatches of each color.



White Jeanius
White with silver pearl
This color I love using. It has shimmer and catches the light without being overwhelmingly obvious. I've had the best luck using it under a matte shadow, believe it or not. The silver pearl shimmer still shows up a little, adding depth without screaming "SHIMMER WAS APPLIED HERE" I'll be reaching for this one quite a bit.


Diva in Distress
Mid-tone grey with silver pearl
It isn't super obvious from the swatch here, but this really is more of a light blue-grey, pretty similar to the palette. The silver pearl from White Jeanius is also present in this shadow, though it is less apparent.


Motorhead
Mid-tone dirty blue with copper pearl
The copper pearl is much less apparent than the silver pearl, and I could only see that it was there in direct sunlight.


Stovepipe
Black Black with copper pearl
Highly pigmented, I think you'd really only use this for a smokey eye, right next to the eye or as an actual liner.

MAC Cosmetics

3 comments

  1. They really don't look very pigmented to me though :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the first two, but the last 2 arent really my style. I might have to pick up at least Diva in Distress. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin,
    The second 2 are well pigmented (I actually had to redo my swatches with a little less shadow so you could actually see the colors), but the first too aren't as pigmented as usual.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...