Can You Get Hooked On Lip Balm? The Beauty Brains Answer

Can You Get Hooked On Lip Balm?  The Beauty Brains Answer, book, review
The Beauty Brains is one of my favorite beauty sites. They're amazing for learning how different products work, why you should (or should not) believe what a company claims and especially for finding great product tips. The site is written by a group of cosmetic scientists (who often don't write under their real names to remain anonymous), and I love hearing their point of view on product ingredients.

I consider The Beauty Brains site a must read, and their new book is a great resource. This isn't exactly a book you sit down to read. Instead it is divided into topics based upon reader questions (just like the site), usually about 1 page or so in length. If I was a guy I'd say this is perfect for reading in the bathroom. But I'm not. So, quick little moments here and there... wherever they happen to be. (For me this really is all the time I get to read since my newborn demands a lot of attention.)

This book isn't afraid to tackle even the most controversial of topics, such as parabens (a topic that I've been working on for a few months. I agree with everything they say.) and they even tackle specific companies and their claims. Overall, I think this book is definitely worth picking up!

The Beauty Brains
Can You Get Hooked On Lip Balm? at Amazon

3 comments

  1. I love their site! They tackle everything eauty and don't hold back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've gotta pick this up. I really like their site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found the site fairly simplistic. They don't offer real answers most of the time and the articles leave most asking "more???". The article on facials was laughable. They often end articles with "you can find comprable products for less" but don't give any suggestions. What are comprable products? This site doesn't get a bookmark from me.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...