Formal Looks: Amy Adams Golden Globes 2011

Amy Adams Golden Globes 2011
Amy Adams Golden Globes 2011
I have to admit that it took a long time for me to warm up to Amy Adams. Why? Because I first saw her as the icy sister that you love to hate in The Wedding Date and she was so good in that roll that I couldn't separate her from it for a while. I like her quite a bit more when she's a red head (something about being more approachable, and having the same hair color as my own sister who is quite a bit nicer than Amy, thank you very much).

I loved her entire look at this year's Golden Globes, and luckily I have the lowdown on her makeup, her chignon and even what exact color her colorist used to give her this perfect hair color.


Molly Stern is definitely one of my favorite makeup artists. I think she just makes women look so pretty, and I love that she frequently uses both high and lower end makeup lines. This time she was working with Lancome, though she did incorporate a few other lines into the look.

Face
• YSL Perfect Touch Radiant Brush Foundation
• Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush in #2

Eyes
• Color Design 5 Pan Palette in Taupe Craze
• Le Stylo Waterproof EyeLiner in Minuit
• Hypnôse Custom Volume Mascara in Black

Lips
• Color Design Matte Lipcolor in Stylista
• L’Absolu Nu in Evening Lace (out in March)


Tracey Cunningham, Redken Creative Consultant for Color and Hollywood colorist, helped Amy Adams and Emma Stone prepare for the awards with Redken color.

To recreate Amy's hair color, tell your colorist this information:
Apply equal parts of Color Fusion Rubilane 7Cc and 7Go (with a 20 volume Pro-Oxide). Finish with Shades EQ 000 Crystal Clear.



Moroccan Oil Stylist Laini Reeves explains how the look was styled:
I wanted to create a soft 20’s mood, but in a different, modern way. We started by changing the texture of her hair before we went on to loosely braid and roll the chignon.

Amy has a beautiful, full and thick head of hair and a nice, natural wave. We started by washing her hair with Moroccan oil Moisture Repair Shampoo which infuses the hairwith argan oil, keratins, fatty acids, and proteins. Combined with Moroccan oil Moisture Repair Conditioner, it immediately controlled the hair and left itsmoother, frizz free and easy to manage and style.

I then applied Moroccan oil Hydrating Styling Cream while it was drying, from root to end to give soft hold while further smoothing the texture and adding definition and shine. I rough-dried the hair with my hands to get the water out and created a bit of a messed up texture with a slight touch of wave for a more modern, freer look. The hair was air dried except at the roots, where I used a blow dryer.

Next, I used a 1” curling iron to make curls in different parts of the hair that needed to be filled in and then smoothed and blended them in. I made a side part and prepared some pieces from the front of the hair to frame her face, pinning them in an “S”-shape and away from the rest of the hair.

I gathered and pulled back the rest of hair, made a loose braid that I doubled up, rolled upwards and pinned at the nape, with the cross texture side of the braid showing. Only five thick bobby pins were used to secure the style in place.

Finally, I released the “S”-shaped sections in the front and pinned them behind the ear to open her face up and to show off her cheek bones. I then sprayed the look with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray to keep everything in place with movable shine, without looking like it was sprayed.



Lancome
Redken
Moroccan Oil


Photo: Jason Merritt / Getty Images, courtesy of Moroccanoil

1 comment

  1. She also plays in Enchanted which is a very wonderful (but childish) movie. Maybe if you saw that movie, you would have liked her more! She's so innocent (slightly dumb) and optimist in Enchanted. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...