L'Oreal Magic Smooth Souffle Foundation

L'Oreal Magic Smooth Souffle Foundation, Review
Have you seen the new L'Oreal foundation at a store near you yet? If you haven't found it yet, you might want to hunt it down the next time you're looking for a new foundation.


The most obvious thing that sets this foundation apart from others is the texture. It really is like a souffle, somewhat similar to the L'Oreal Studio Secrets Primer, though lighter and more airy. I found that the texture made it easier than a liquid to control how much foundation I used and where I used it.

The foundation has no scent, a light spongy feel and feels silky during application. The blending is pretty easy with my fingertips, though if you apply too soon after moisturizer a little extra blending with a sponge might be needed as I found this foundation was a little less forgiving than other foundations regarding wait time after moisturization. If you wait a minute or two longer after your moisturizer than you do with other foundations, this doesn't seem to be an issue. I'm not certain why this is different, but the foundation really doesn't want to blend in if there is any residue left on the skin.

Once the foundation is on, I found the finish to be very natural looking and of medium coverage. The wear lasts all day without any caking, settling into pores and fine lines or oxidation issues. If anything, my pores seemed to disappear with this foundation regardless of primer use, which I loved!

Smooth Souffle comes in 12 different shades, mostly in a lighter range.

L'Oreal Magic Smooth Souffle Foundation

4 comments

  1. I saw this and wondered how well it worked. It looked too dark for me, even at the lightest shade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The light shades are pretty light, but not the porcelain color of your complexion unfortunately. :( I'm hoping if it becomes more popular L'Oreal will release more shades, there aren't a lot of darker choices either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wondering about this foundation too because the word "souffle" intrigued me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second the interest peaked by the 'souffle'. It sounded like it would be light and airy, which is exactly what I want in a foundation.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...