Milani Red Sparkle Nail Polish

Milani Red Sparkle Nail Polish, swatch, one coat glitter

This polish is one of the One Coat Glitters from Milani. It really is one coat for full coverage, though it will have to be a very thick coat and take forever to dry! I have had better luck with one very light coat, let that dry for a minute or two, and then follow up with a medium coat.

Note that the amount of glitter in this polish means it will be somewhat bumpy once dry. I recommend checking out a thick top coat to even things out, this will really help with the shimmer! My favorites are from Poshe and Seche Vite, though I've heard the Gelous base coat (available at Sally's Beauty Supply) works great for this as well.

To help remove such a glittery polish, try the foil removal method that I mentioned in my CND Shellac post.


I thought a comparison to China Glaze Ruby Pumps would be appreciated. They are both red glitters, but they look very different in person. Ruby Pumps has glitter that seems a bit more glass flecked (as opposed to craft glittery, like the Milani), and the base color has a bit more pink. Red Sparkle has more black. I needed 3 coats of Ruby Pumps for full coverage here. (Note: in the pic above the fingers with the * are Red Sparkle)

Milani

No comments

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...