OPI's Pirates of the Caribbean and Silver Shatter!

OPI's Pirates of the Caribbean and Silver Shatter, Nail Polish
This collection won't be launching until May, but I'm so excited about it that I couldn't wait to share the preview images! OPI is releasing this collection in conjunction with the release of the 4th Pirates movie.
“OPI is thrilled to celebrate the latest film in this beloved series,” said Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, OPI Executive VP & Artistic Director. “The Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides lacquers were inspired by a world filled with mythical mermaids, gleaming treasure, and high-seas adventure. With shades ranging from sage and lavender to khaki gray and pastel pink, these colors are evocative of a warm, tropical setting, with a classic nautical influence.”


Read on to see more images of the colors, OPI's description of each shade, and the reason I'm so excited about this collection.


These images were provided to me by OPI, though you can see the shades are a little bit darker when you compare to the display image above. Hopefully these images and descriptions will give you some idea of what to expect from the colors. Personally, I'm interested in the entire collection. I'm a sucker for dark pinks and purples, but the gray of Skull & Glossbones especially sounds amazing as well.

Skull & Glossbones: Best light gray ever, no bones about it.
Steady as She Rose: This gorgeous pink is your final destination.
Planks a Lot: Dive into style with this lustworthy purple!
Stranger Tides: Explore this uncharted sea of sage.
Mermaid’s Tears: Few have seen this magical green.
Sparrow Me the Drama: This cool, collected pink means business!

OPI Silver Shatter, Crackle, Nail Polish
Black Shatter was huge earlier this winter when it was released, and now Silver Shatter is coming out! This will work perfectly with the colors in the rest of this collection and I think I'll be reaching for this color a lot more than I use my Black Shatter.

Pirates of the Carribbean is coming out in May 2011.
OPI

7 comments

  1. OMG! I can't wait until this collection comes out! Lovely shades and I think the silver shatter will have a beautiful effect!!!! Thanks for sharing preview photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really interested in seeing how Skull and Glossbones turns out on-nail, I've been looking for a nice creme grey for a few weeks-- my staple black suits me well, but I need something a bit toned-down for office wear.

    Also, I'm going to have to bribe someone at Beauty Express to set aside a bottle of the silver shatter for me when it gets in, I *know* it won't last long!!

    I hope OPI sends you samples to preview.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope they do too, but I really am not going to hold my breath. I still can't believe I got the samples for Katy Perry! I'm going to be stalking all of my favorite on-line sites, I really want that silver shatter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would love to see the silver shatter over the Sparrow Me The Drama.
    -MomsLifeMadeEasy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am excited about the silver shatter. I tried the black shatter and thought it was too harsh and very uneven - very hard to duplicate the looks of it in images. I think that the silver will be more "forgiving".

    ReplyDelete
  6. lame lame lame OPI, i really was hoping for colors that represented more of what the movie actually is. oh well, better for my wallet

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't bought Black Shatter yet but I will definitely invest in a bottle of Silver shatter!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...