A Blast from the Past: Noxzema!


Noxzema is one of those items that every teenage girl uses at some point or another. I obviously loved it (I even mention it in my About Me page for this blog). I have to admit that I started using it even before Rebecca Gayheart was enlisted to be the Noxzema Girl in 1991. I fully believe that this casting is my generation's Breck Girl, and I mostly blame Rebecca for my teenage coveting of curly hair.

This week I've been using Noxzema again as they've released a ton of new products. Joining the line since I've last used Noxzema are Makeup Removal Cloths (my friend Daneen over at Spoiled Pretty reviewed the cleansing cloths if you want to see what she thought), Clean Blemish Control Foaming Wash and Daily Scrub (formulated for adults with acne issues) and Triple Clean Anti-Blemish items. I've been using the Original Deep Cleansing Cream Pump, which is exactly what it sounds like– the original Noxzema I loved so much back in high school, but in a much easier to use pump form.

Noxzema still has that signature scent that I remember so well from high school, the menthol-camphor and eucalyptus oil combination. It is thick and creamy with a light tingle as I apply it. I found that while it does a good job of removing makeup on my face, it doesn't do a good job of removing any eye makeup, including mascara smudges. So, I've been using it after eye makeup remover to take everything else off. It rinses off nicely, but my favorite part is right after I'm done rinsing. My skin feels super soft and hydrated. Even before moisturizer!

I'm sticking my pump of Noxzema in the shower to make it my morning facial cleanser, and I'll be hunting down some of the cleansing cloths for nights that I'm just too tired to do my whole routine.

Noxzema

3 comments

  1. I'm using this original cleanser but I find it dries me out after a few uses )=

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right, Noxzema was my holy grail for most of my teenage years, right before Biore. Good stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely used it and it's amazing on sunburned skin. The makeup remover wipes are awesome, they remove my eye makeup pretty well and the scent doesn't sting my eyes like I thought it would.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...