Every Thing You Ever Wanted to Know About Under Eye Circles, Bags and More....

Under Eye Circles, Bags
In my recent post on how to use concealer and corrector on your under eye area I very briefly alluded to under eye bags and what causes them. I didn't go in to it, as that's a whole other ball of wax. It's a post that I've had in the back of my mind for years, but for some reason I've never gotten around to writing it.

Well, I don't need to write it after all! Dr Cynthia Bailey, my favorite dermatologist, has written an amazingly comprehensive and easy to understand post on what causes under eye circles, bags and puffiness. This is the post I've wanted to write for years, but better written and more inclusive. Definitely go check it out.

Dr Bailey Skincare


Pictured above is my new mommy under eye area, sans makeup and eye cream. I felt the need to share since I had a picture in the concealer post that was on a good day, with amazing lighting, and so blown up that everything looked incredibly smooth. I felt the need to pull this pic out of my iPhoto trash (see why it was there??) to show that I definitely have bags! At least those bags had the decency to be insanely expensive luggage in this post. You can even see my visible capillary. It's been there since I was little and is really hard to cover with concealer, hence my obsession with highly pigmented concealers.

9 comments

  1. Great article! But I felt like it was an ad after a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not really sure what in that post felt like an ad? Maybe where I showed off how horrible my undereye area can look?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure Jo meant Dr. Bailey's post. Funny thing about her blog... most of her favorite products are apparently produced by a single company. It's Replenix this and Replenix that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I didn't even think to consider she may have meant Dr. Bailey article. I think ignore the specific products and you'll find that the article is helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christine, I love your photo and the luggage! I also love you sharing the good days bad days nature of under eye 'issues'. That area really is a great barometer of what's up in our bodies and lives. We don't always want to walk around in our daily lives with that info front and center for everyone to see. For me, if I'm tired, stressed, haven't been 100% with my healthy diet or exercise-bingo- it's bags and circles.

    Yes, I love Replenix this and that. In fact, the tiny number of products on my web site are only those I'm passionate about and use. I look at tons of products out there, read ingredient lists and 'play' with many of them on myself or volunteers (we all love free skin care products). Replenix Eye Cream is my holy grail and I love it. If something better comes along, I'll get passionate about that and switch over. Until then, it's my under eye savior. Since I've never worn face makeup (foundation or concealer) this is a big deal for me. At 52 I may have to start wearing makeup though and your concealer posts are getting me up to speed on it, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christine-Your photo with the luggage literally made me LOL!!! Love it!!! Undereye bags and humor! :) I totally agree, Dr. Bailey wrote a great article and I am learning so much from reading both hers and your posts!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I apologise, but i am (weirdly) happy to see that capillary! I have visibly veins above and below both eyes - a lovely blue colour (the veins, that is) - and have just recently discovered the goodness of colour correctors. I am, not unexpectedly, freakishly pale, and honestly, practically my entire circulatory system is visible in the right light (the light in which I am not willing to wear low cut anythings, as I look like a science experiment!) - I have never seen it on anybody else, so I'm a little bit cheery to see yours! (Sorry)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! Katrine, that's so funny!
    I really only started using correctors about a year ago and for things like my capillary they are soooo helpful! And I sound about the same freakishly pale as you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! Katrine, that's so funny!
    I really only started using correctors about a year ago and for things like my capillary they are soooo helpful! And I sound about the same freakishly pale as you. :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...