Chanel Mimosa Nail Polish

Chanel Mimosa Nail Polish, Yellow, Swatch
I admit it, I bought in to the hype and bought "the" color of the season, Chanel Mimosa. This yellow is a bit more wearable than I had thought it would be, as it is a tad darker than most highlighters (I had feared it would be that ugly bright yellow highlighter color). It does have a little bit of same color shimmer that just can't be captured in a picture.

I would like to point out that this color is very difficult to work with. Yellows have always been known to be finicky in the world of nail polish, and I had been hoping that the nail polish gurus over at Chanel would be able to fix this. Not so. The formula is a bit streaky, and something with the brush just seems to drag and make it much worse. Use a light touch and let your layers sit for a few minutes in between to help keep the streaking at a minimum. I needed 4 light coats to reach full opacity without visible nail line or streaks.

Also, I should add that I'm not really sure why, but I seem to be really gripping the bottle in this picture! I swear my fingers aren't that red in real life. For some reason I guess I was worried the bottle would run away??

Chanel

2 comments

  1. This polish looks so yummy on you! Yellow is such a pretty color for the nails and toes. But it can be such a pain to work with like you stated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love yellow nails! Such a fun colour to wear

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...