MAC's Quite Cute Eye Shadow Quad


Today MAC is releasing Quite Cute, which is a collection of colors seemingly inspired by the Harajuku girls of Tokyo. At first glance this collection does seem to be filled with pastels that would never work for anyone that takes themselves remotely seriously. Really, mint green and lavender?

I wouldn't recommend wearing all of the colors together (unless you are under the age of 18 or want to look like the girl in this picture), but when used in moderation and in combination with other colors, I think that this collection could be very flattering.

Read on to take a peek at the eye shadow quad...

MAC's Quite Cute Eye Shadow Quad, swatches, review

Cutie Eye Shadow
Goody Goody Gum Drop: Light white pink (satin)
Boycrazy: Pale lavender with silver pearl (lustre)
Moshi Moshi!: Pale white green gold (frost)
Azuki Bean: Mid-tone dirty violet (frost)


In ambient light


In bright sunlight

You can see more from these swatches how the colors would be very easy to use in combination with other more neutral colors. Moshi is billed as a green gold, but really is so light that it is nearly white. I want to use it as a highlighter on my brow bone or the inner corner of my eye. Boycrazy and Azuki Bean will be perfect to add a little pop to the grey and purple eye I've been loving using Bobbi Brown's Peony & Python Palette. And the pink... well, who doesn't use a light pink at least once a week?

I have a feeling that this quad will live on my countertop for quite a while.

MAC

1 comment

  1. I'm kinda the opposite, I'm most likely to wear the lilac shade and skip the pink altogether, I can never make it look right on my complexion.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...