Concealer Series: Estée Lauder's Ideal Light

Concealer, Blogger, Blog, Review Series, Estée Lauder Ideal Light
To me, Estée Lauder's Ideal Light is what the cult favorite Touche Eclat should be, but isn't. This is a concealer with decent coverage, with the added benefit of light diffusing particles.

According to the Estée website:
Light-reflective Photo Optic™ technology diffuses light to minimize the look of fine lines, wrinkles and imperfections.

I admit that usually the idea of light diffusing particles makes me a tad nervous. Some companies just don't seem to have the light touch that is needed with them, and instead of distracting from imperfections you end up calling attention to them with too much shimmer. Not cool. This Estée pen has just the right light touch, which I love.


I rated this a 3, but really it is nearly a 4 in coverage.

Consistency: Liquid
Blendability: Very blendable
Buildable coverage: Yes
Feeling on skin: Lightweight
Wear: 10-12 hours
Problems with wear: No caking or settling into fine lines
Shades Available: I used light, there are 4 skin toned shades and a Soft Pink, described as a "highlighter shade is ideal for all skintones. Brings light to your face and focus to your features."

Estée Lauder Ideal Light

5 comments

  1. i've been hearing so many positive things about EL lately. thanks for the review, i've been looking into concealers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of this but the light reflective particles in EL's eye cream caused me to have an allergic reaction. Sadly I think that means I need to steer clear of this one :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to know - I don't love Touch Eclat - either - so maybe I would like this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Fake Kind of DoctorMay 26, 2011 at 8:37 PM

    Hi Christine,

    Thanks for this concealer series. When you're done reviewing different products, are you going to post a "winner" (the one you end up reaching for the most)? Or have you already found it? Even better, if you use different concealers for undereye vs. other areas like around the nose, can you let us know your favorites for each? I feel like I need different shades and consistencies for reddish blemishes vs. dark circles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So far my favorite is the Make Up For Ever Full Cover. I like a lot of coverage, it lasts a long time and is the best match for my skin, I've found it's the best so far for under my eyes and around my nose, so it works great for both. I'll try to remember to point out if there are ones I like in particular for other spots on my face. I still have quite a few that I haven't opened yet, so my favorite might change.
    :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...