StriVectin SH: Same Old StriVectin, Now With Sunscreen!

StriVectin, Sunscreen, Review
I feel like as much as I harp on and on about sunscreen being a necessary addition to everyone's morning routine (especially if you want to fight aging), there aren't a lot of good sunscreens out there for every day use. Oh, there are great ones if you want to go and play tennis or head to the beach. But a sunscreen that "just happens" to be there in your morning moisturizer? Without being smelly and leaving a residue that interferes with makeup? Good luck. I've found 2 that I am willing to use, Kiehl's Ultra Moisturizer SPF 15 and Olay Regenerist Lotion SPF 50 (which for some reason I've never reviewed. I'll need to fix that soon). Here's a third daily moisturizer with sunscreen that I like.

So, I know you are likely thinking that this product is just the StriVectin SD with added sunscreen. Unfortunately, that's not quite right. In order to get the right consistency it seems that this lotion is formulated differently and when looking at the list of ingredients that NIA-114 found in StriVectin SD is still present (read more about how NIA-114 works), as are anti-oxidants, but the peptides have been left out to make room for the sunscreen.

This lotion is light and creamy, sinking in to my skin pretty much immediately. It does have a little sunscreen smell, though I don't notice it once the lotion has absorbed. My skin is perfectly moisturized (I have combination skin though my t-zone is only moderately oily, not really oily), and this would probably be enough moisturizer for me year round. I can feel a very slight residue on my skin once the lotion has absorbed, but I can still apply makeup over this without an issue.











Strivectin

1 comment

  1. You have to review that Olay moisturizer, I'm dying to know all about it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...