CoverGirl Intense ShadowBlast: Better Than It Looks, and The Secret to A 30 Second Smokey Eye?


It feels like ages ago, but was only a few years ago that I was able to meet makeup artist Jake Bailey, who at the time was working with Max Factor. He's now with CoverGirl (they're both owned by P&G and Max Factor jumped ship in the US, so not too surprising that Jake made the switch), but he had the fastest smokey eye ever using eye liners. I bet that Jake is using the new CoverGirl Intense Shadow Blast to update this tip, I can picture him smudging it on with his fingers to create a fun and sexy look!

Anyways, these new eye shadows from CoverGirl are all kinds of awesome. Read on to learn more.



I had high hopes for these wands. CoverGirl sent me the brown to try out, and I somehow decided that this would be it. The perfect brown, the one that gives me the smudgy smokey eye that works for every day, but makes me look amazing and somewhat mysterious? I think you know the one I'm talking about. The one that makes you feel like a character in Chocolat. I've been looking for that brown for years, but haven't found it. Long story short, I saw this tube. I thought it might be it. And it was. Really.

The shadows are really easy to work with. They have primer included in the formula, so you don't need to prep the eye area at all. I apply after my foundation, concealer and powder are set on my face, so there is usually only a little powder on my lids. Sometimes concealer if I was feeling like my veins were particularly horrible on my lids. So shadow primer. The product is applied with a sponge applicator, and if just applied directly on the lid does have quite a bit of pigmentation, is full coverage and will set up in about a minute. I like to apply all over my lid and then very gently pat at the outer edges to help blend. If layering with another Intense ShadowBlast or a powder eye shadow I had the best results if I waited through the first color setting up. If I tried to rush things I ended up with a multicolored mess.

The shadow lasts pretty much all day and yes, it really is waterproof if you don't rub it too much when it is wet (I tested this at 6 month old swim lessons. Not on purpose. But apparently Megan really wanted my readers to have this info, so she helped test it out). I did find that if I really blended out a color too much, I did have early fading in the blended areas. So, try to leave it as is and only blend a small amount at the very edge.

The Brown Bling really is the perfect everyday smokey eye on me. The swatch pic above didn't quite upload correctly, the color is slightly warmer in real life, but when applied to my lid and slightly smudged at the crease, it is perfect. I then line my upper lid with black liner and smudge a little liner into my lower lash line, apply mascara and I'm done. Super fast and easy!

CoverGirl Intense ShadowBlast


I bought the Beige Blaze, Brown Bling was a sample provided to me by CoverGirl

8 comments

  1. Thanks for the review! I was looking at these in Harmon the other day and just couldn't decide if they would be a creasey mess or a lovely product! Glad you liked them! I think I'm ready try one out!

    thefashionableteacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep seeing the commericals for these and was skeptical about their wear time. Do you have particularly oily lids at all?

    Thanks. :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're worth picking up Ally! I'm hoping they come out with more colors soon, I'm not really a powder blue person. :D

    Tamara, I don't usually. On occasion I have that issue, usually it's residue from my eye cream though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the review. I have been eying these for awhile now. This is the second rave I have read/heard about them. I think I might just go pick them up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ive used a liquid eyeshadow similar to this and it felt extremely dry after 3 hrs and made my lid really taunt and became uncomfortable. Did you notice any dryness or tautness? I don't have dry skin either. Hope this is a winner for me! Thx :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amanda,
    That sounds insanely uncomfortable! I didn't notice any dryness at all, no tautness. It was just as comfortable as a powder eye shadow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am a owner of a motel in Billings Montana and i don;'t have much time for make up so this might be just what i need.
    http://www.westerninnbillings.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this formula. I haven't picked any up but I love them already.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...