Jennifer Aniston: The Clean Fragrance You Expect, And I Love It!

Jennifer Aniston, Fragrance, Perfume, notes, review, description
I think I've stopped and started this review about 20 times since I received this fragrance as a sample in the spring. In the meantime, I've been happily using it a few times a week and this clean and slightly beachy floral has become my go-to subtle fragrance for everyday. Easily my favorite of the summer.
“I wanted this fragrance to be a personal library of scent memories. For example, my love of Night Blooming Jasmine has lasted a lifetime. Growing up in California, I distinctly remember the scent of the Jasmine on summer evenings."
-Jennifer Aniston

This quote alone made me want to try out this scent. One of my favorite things when I lived in So Cal was walking my dog around the neighborhood and smelling the Jasmine and Orange Blossoms.

Notes:
Top Notes: Citrus Grove Accord, Rose Water
Middle Notes: Blooming Jasmine, Wild Violet, Amazon Lily
Base Notes: Sensual Musk, Golden Amber, Sandalwood


In actuality, this is a lightly floral, clean scent that is very subtle. Initially I smell the Citrus with a bit of the Lily, but after about a 15 minute dry down period I have a light mix of the Jasmine and a little bit of musk and amber to balance things out. Musk notes usually are a bit heavy on me, but that simply isn't the case here. Instead, it is light and fresh and just... pretty. I've found that the scent is very subtle, so it is perfect for wearing to work (since I work in a hospital I don't like to wear heavy scents to work).

One of the complaints that I've read on-line about this fragrance is that it seems to be "missing" something. I can see why people think this, I do feel as if other fragrances with these notes and this "feel" would have a stronger white floral note after the dry down. I have quite a few scents like this and do like them, but I like not having the strong white floral here. It is a bit cleaner and more simple, something I was craving this season.

As well, many feel that the scent doesn't have great staying power. It does seem to only last about 8 hours on me, and that's with about 4 hours of very subtle scent. I typically just spray it on my chest/neck area and head out of the bathroom, but if I actually take the time to apply to pulse points as well (I spray behind my knees and on my wrists) then the scent is there for about 10 hours. I'm hoping that sometime soon a companion lotion will be released. Layering will really increasing how long the scent sticks around.

5 comments

  1. I've been loving this fragrance as well. It has something I've never found before in other fragrances and while it's not a heavy "perfume", it's also not one of those sickeningly sweet scents either. Clean, simple and light. I agree about the staying power though. I get about 7 hours per application but that's minor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review. I'm always looking for fresh, new fragrances that aren't sickeningly sweet or too heavy and musky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one was a big fail for me....and I was so bummed about that. I had such high hopes for a clean, light fragrance and I just somehow imagined that anything from Jennifer Aniston would fit that bill. I guess from all of the reviews I have read that it does for most people. I got a sample and tried it several times. The only thing I could smell on me was the jasmine. It was cloying and overwhelming. I think if it were a little lighter on the jasmine and a little heavier on the citrus it would work...for me. Oh well, we can't have everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that's a perfect example of how notes can come out different on people. I had some Jasmine, but it wasn't overwhelming. It's a good thing they offer samples!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to try this one out a little more. I was the same way though when I tried to review it, I just couldn't. That's too funny.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...