Fragrance Wednesdays: The Joys of Scent


I've always found fragrance reviews a little hard to write. I find it hard sometimes to describe how a scent feels, what type of person would love a particular fragrance. So, while I absolutely love fragrance, I haven't been covering them as much.

Sometime over the summer, I was talking with my good friend Melissa about fragrance. She used to work at the fragrance counter and she's really great at smelling something and saying who would love that scent. She can quickly come up with words that describe the feeling of the scent. So helpful!

So, I've been quietly taking perfume samples over to her, and she's been writing a few reviews, though they haven't been featured yet. However, she's a busy lady (she's a nurse in my ICU and has 2 little ones under the age of 5) and I love fragrances as well. So, we've decided to start doing reviews in which we offer both of our perspectives on the fragrance. You'll still find the list of base, middle and top notes in each review. I'll still try to describe how the scent felt to me, how the notes changed and how the staying powder was. Melissa will offer her views on those things as well in most of the fragrance reviews, though I bet her descriptions of the feel of a fragrance will be more complete than mine since she just has more training in those areas.

Let me know if there is anything else you think we should include in our fragrance reviews!


3 comments

  1. I totally know what you mean about fragrances being hard to describe. After using the words: light, fresh, floral, musky - I pretty much run out of adjectives.

    So I'm looking forward to this series of posts! I'd love to see you guys include some sort of categorization of perfumes, such as evening perfumes, day perfumes, office perfumes, etc. to put the scents into a little more context for us readers :)

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way. I have absolutely no idea how to describe a scent but I'm sure you'll do fine. Can't wait to read some.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...