Kiehl's Heritage Collection: Celebrating One of My Favorite Brands!


I've made no secret of my Kiehl's love. I have tried probably a good 1/3 of their products over the years, and while I definitely have my favorites (such as the Ultra Facial SPF 15 Lotion, the entire Acai Collection or Lip Balm #1, which I hoard), I have yet to find a Kiehl's product that wasn't amazing and a good buy.

It's hard to believe, but this cult brand has now been around for 160 years! It was started in 1851 in the East Village by the Kiehl's family. Eventually it was taken over by the Morse family, but the tradition of personalized service, and products, continued. To celebrate this anniversary Kiehl's is releasing some of their most popular products in special "heritage" packaging! It is only available from September until December, so pick some up now.

Original Musk Oil
No one is entirely certain who formulated this scent. It was discovered in a vat labeled "Love Oil" in the Kiehl's flagship basement in 1958, and later introduced to customers in 1963. It is believed to be the first "musk" scent offered to the public.

Ultra Facial Moisturizer
One of my all time favorite products, this is the lotion that I retreat to between product testings or when my skin needs a break. It was released in the early 1960s and has been one of the most popular Kiehl's products since that time.

Calendula Herbal-Extract Toner
Was an instant classic in the 1960s when it was released. Calendula, derived from the Marigold flower, in an alcohol-free formula is perfect for oily skin. The flowers are still handpicked!


Kiehl's

4 comments

  1. I am interested in what you say about your skin needing a break. Do you recommend that periodically we should stop using AHAs, etc and just use moisturizer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you don't really need to if you pay attention to how your skin is reacting to things. My "ideal" skin care routine would be cleanser, eye cream and lotion. AM lotion would have broad spectrum SPF 30, night would be more concentrated with anti-oxidants and peptides and such. I'd add in a targeted retinoid cream every other night or so as my skin can handle it, since I tend to get irritated with retinoids. I don't think it needs to change much or have any breaks unless your skin has some sort of reaction and you need a break from something irritating, like the retinoid.

    The reason I referred to breaks for my skin above is that as much as I love this "ideal" routine, I don't have it. I'm constantly testing something new, every 6-8 weeks or so. Sometimes my skin loves it, sometimes... not so much. I recently tested out a new night cream from Estée Lauder that I loved in theory. It felt amazing, has a great scent, made me look glowy... but my skin broke out with it. 1 week later I'm still plagued with a few blemishes that won't go away. So I have my normal "in between" products that I know my skin does well with that I use almost as a palate cleanser between testings. I hope that makes sense!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does, thanks very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to get on trying Kiehl's, like now!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...