Affordable Air Brushed Foundation? Aero Minerale Might Be Just The Thing...

Aero Minerale Foundation
I fully admit that a perfect air brushed look appeals to me. However I don't have a few hundred laying around to dump on a Temptu, and the more expensive spray on foundations don't come light enough for my skin (I'm looking at you, Dior). And let's face it, $62 is still a lot more than I want to spend on a foundation.

Anyways, Classified Cosmetics makes a line of aerosol makeup, which I've heard pretty good things about. They've just released a lower priced version, Aero Minerale. Aero Minerale will be available on their website, at 52 Walmarts across the country (mine is not one of them unfortunately) and on Walmart.com. Which means you won't need to take out a second mortgage to afford air brushed makeup!

Read on to see if it works.

Aero Minerale has several products. I tried out the primer, foundation (butter was a perfect match for me) and the shimmer. All of the products can be sprayed on or sprayed on to your hand and then applied like a traditional product. I'll explain later how I finally was able to get good results with spraying on the foundation, but this is definitely not an easy to use product line if you want to spray it on. I don't think this is at all different than other spray foundations, they all strike me as pretty hard to use at first.

The primer is white initially but dries to clear. I think this is the easiest product to spray on evenly since perfectly even coverage is much less important with primer. It does help some with pore size and shine, though mostly I found that it made the foundation application much smoother. The difference in using the primer and not using the primer was pretty obvious to me. I would strongly recommend buying the primer if you'll be checking out this foundation. I did think it helped with other foundations (and I tried a few other primers with this foundation as well), but really the primer worked best with this foundation and vice versa.

The foundation is great. It is a light to medium finish, easily layered and whether I have applied it in a "normal" way or with spraying it on the finish is very smooth and it is pretty much impossible to see. I did notice that it is streaky when applied with a brush, so go for a sponge instead (fingertips are ok but you'll likely need to touch up the blending with a sponge still). It can be used as a concealer as well, in which case it is a medium to heavy coverage concealer. I recommend using your fingers to apply it then, with gentle patting using a fingerpad you won't have any streaks. The foundation lasts all day long and I had no caking or oxidation issues.

Spraying the foundation on was not easy for me to get the hang of. There is definitely a learning curve and it took me a good week to get to the point that I thought I was spraying it on and getting a good result. I finally caught on a bit when I watched the video about the product (it's on the main site, about 3/4 of the way through they show someone spraying themselves with foundation- watch it!).

Here are my tips:
• Make sure you are not wearing clothes that will be compromised and your hair is covered. The foundation will get all over, there is no avoiding it. I used one of those towel turban wrap things for my hair, I just laid it over my head so my hair was 100% covered. I took off my robe, so I was basically there in my bra. I didn't care if the foundation got on my shoulders. I cared if it got on my nice work shirt.
• Shake the can very well. More than you think you need too. Shaking helps a lot with the blotches of foundation.
• It is really hard, but you want to make this more of a fine misting than spray painting. Push the button down all the way (this is very important, you will want to only push part of the way, if you push down all the way the application will be much better), and then lightly mist the center of your face.
• You will have about 90 seconds to work with the foundation before it sets. I use a makeup sponge to blend this foundation. Brushes and fingers will result in streaks. Just run the sponge quickly over the foundation.
• I applied my concealer over this foundation. It seemed to make everything look more even if the steps were in this order.

Finally, the shimmer. This is not a product that I recommend spraying on. I could not get it to be a light application, I ended up looking like a very strange shiny person. It was just too much. But, when sprayed on to the back of my hand and then applied, I loved this stuff! I used golden, which was white with a little gold shimmer when wet, but dried as a light golden haze of shimmer. I thought it was perfect to apply to my cheekbones, brow bone, inner corner of my eye and even down the bridge of my nose. I simply swiped my finger in the shimmer, lightly applied and then blended using a sponge. It was subtle but could be easily built up for more shimmer when applied in this way.


So, overall I loved these products. The spray application didn't save me anytime (it is actually still slower for me right now, likely as I improved that would speed up), but I had great results with either application.


Aero Minerale
Aero Minerale on Walmart.com

4 comments

  1. Holy cow! $13 for an airbrush foundation? I have to try this! I have sensitive, acne-prone skin. Did you experience any breaking out with this? Thanks! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a bit blemish prone but didn't have problems from this. It washes off really easily and doesn't feel heavy at all. I recommend checking out the primer as well, I had good results with the foundation, but the primer did help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorite foundations. A super easy way to apply this is to follow your steps but then spray it on your hand or a metal palette; pick it up with a very lightly dampened beauty blender sponge and bounce it on your face. You get the same gorgeous finish without having to spray it on your face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds cool but too much work for lazy ol' me. Maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...