Johnson's Baby Challenge Week #2


Last week I shared my Johnson's Baby Skin Care Challenge with you. So, this week I thought a little update was in order, and I'll share one of my favorite uses for a Johnson's product. Overall, I really have been enjoying the products that I chose.

Baby Oil: I've mostly been using this to help out with my Lippie Love series. A little bit of baby oil on a cotton round... that lipstick just melts off. No residue, no scrubbing, it takes only a few seconds. It is pretty amazing.

Gel Baby Oil: Things have taken a turn for the colder here in Michigan, and I've been using this on my hands and cuticles every night. So far it has helped, though I will likely need to either amp up my use or start using the Creamy Oil as well.

Body Wash: This might be the most disappointing of the products that I'm using. It's fine. It has a nice lather, I'm using the Cocoa Butter version, so it smells like that. It gets me clean. It's somewhat hydrating. I think it's the most disappointing only because it seems to be fine and hasn't blown me away with the hydration level like the other products. So, it is fine. Definitely a nice body wash. But, I had hoped for more hydration from this product.

Creamy Oil Cocoa & Shea Butter: I have 2 complaints about this product. First, I have been leaving it in my shower, and the cap collects water. So, when you first open it, you get splattered with cold water. Kinda sucky. (Hopefully the Johnson's people will read this and fix it!) Second, the tube isn't big enough. Because I want to have lots of this around and just use it all over! I've loved slathering this on when my skin is a bit damp, it really seals in all of the moisture. It makes my skin super soft, and the effects last until my next shower, so at least a day. I'm already planning to use this well into the winter, so I'll be stocking up. Even though it doesn't come in a "big" size, it is very affordable so it is still easy to stock up.

Read on to learn more about the alternative uses of an iconic product.


I think everyone used this when they were little. If you didn't, somehow you missed out on something big. This shampoo is pretty gentle since it is missing some of the harsher surfactants, gets everything clean, doesn't sting eyes and is easily rinsed out. Hairstylist to the stars Frederic Fekkai picked this as a Top Products Under $10 for InStyle.

Any inexpensively priced product that works well is bound to rack up the "alternative uses" on-line, here are just a few:
• Use it on furniture to bring out the shine
• Car washing
• Pet washing: This is my preferred shampoo for my husky. Rinsing other shampoos out of all the fur is a major pain.
• Hand wash delicates: I fully admit I've done this in a pinch and it has worked great. Just don't go overboard in how much shampoo you use.
• Carpet Shampoo: Not sure I recommend this one, I think the Johnson's people designed this product to be rinsed.
• Body Wash: Since it has gentler surfactants this is a great body wash for those with sensitive skin.

But, my overall favorite is using it to wash my makeup brushes. I love it so much I created a graphic in Photoshop all about it.


Johnson's Baby

7 comments

  1. Thanks! It always feels so great to have clean brushes!

    BUT you never really know how dirty they are until you start cleaning them - ugg!

    Drop by and chat!
    www.MySkinConciergeBlog.com

    Ava Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the brush washing graphics! I do the same and it's good to know we share the same technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never thought to use it too clean brushes, thanks for the great tip!
    Grace xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the ideas! You're amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed Johnson's products are amazing substitutes for makeup cleaning and etc... I use the Baby oil on my lashes every night to make them grow healthier and also to clean my makeup and makeup brushes.

    http://daphyin-makeupisart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. My family and I are moving to Southfield on the 21st, so I guess I'll need to stock up on Gel Baby Oil.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...