Combating Winter: Exfoliate and Oil Your Skin to a Healthy Glow!

Vanessa Somerset, a formerly licensed esthetician and the creator of Sevansa Spa has a great tip for smooth and hydrated skin in the middle of winter!

At least once a week, I exfoliate my face and apply a light facial oil. I do this routine at night before bed. Exfoliation removes dead skin cells, which allows the beneficial ingredients in my moisturizer to be more readily absorbed into my skin and boosts skin regeneration at night. I wake up the next morning with softer, renewed skin and a healthier glow!

While there are lots of ways to exfoliate and some great skin oils out there, I did ask Vanessa for some recommendations from her line. Her picks:

Oregon Peppermint Exfoliating Grains, use with gentle, upward circular strokes on your face and neck in order to increase circulation to the skin.

Moroccan Neroli Renewing Treatment Oil, which contains oils of sesame seed, kukui nut, and meadowfoam. This light oil is all natural, vegan, and suitable even for oily skin types.

Vanessa also uses a moisturizing mask to help combat dehydration, and luckily you can easily make it yourself with ingredients from your own kitchen!

Hydrating Mask
½ banana
¼ cup oatmeal
¼ cup water
1 tsp olive oil
Directions: Mix all ingredients together. Apply to skin and leave on for 10-15 minutes, then rinse. You can keep any unused mask in the fridge for later use.

Vanessa Somerset, is the owner and creator of Sevansa Spa, an all-natural, handcrafted aromatherapy product company. Sevansa Spa's products are vegan, all-natural, and handcrafted in small batches.

3 comments

  1. I love natural! I've put the Egyptian Geranium body oil on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your "Combating Winter" series - where I live, it is real, actual winter right now, and my skin definitely doesn't like that. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the tips! It is difficult for me to maintain a beautiful, smooth skin during winter. I usually go with moisturizers.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...