MAC Studio Fix Mascara Review

This little plastic molded brush has really surprised me. I have to admit that I was a bit shocked when I first pulled it out of the tube. "Really? This little thing?" The brush is short and just... small. The entire thing is molded out of the plastic and the bristles are a bit further apart that I would normally like. I thought it was the perfect set up for either: A) not accentuating my lashes at all. Or B) Clump City. Or most likely, C) All of the above.

It turns out that the right answer is actually D) Neither of the above.

The little brush seems to do a great job of finding every tiny little eye lash and getting mascara on it. The little ones down near your lash line that most wands either miss or just clump in with the bigger ones? Yeah. Got those. This makes your lashes look nice and lush.

Studio Fix also does a good job of not making you look like Tammy Faye Baker with the clumps, though it is a bit hard to keep the lashes from sticking together towards the end of the lashes. I normally just pull these apart using a metal eye lash comb, easy peasy. But, since most people skip this step I do as well on mascara photo days, blah blah blah. So, you can see them there. But! Only the tiny bits of the tips were doing this, it would take about 2 seconds to pull them apart. This mascara is quite a bit better if you take that 1 tiny little step.

The mascara does a good job of holding all day long. Notice that I still have the good volume at the base of my lashes and they are still nicely curled. All in all, I'd recommend this one.


MAC

2 comments

  1. My Mascara the Boxum Lash is a similar brush and I love it! I can't go back to the ones I used to use

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these little brushes. For fine eyelashes, they make all the difference.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...