Combating Winter: Turn Your Bathroom Into a Hawaiian Spa Getaway

When I lived in Southern California, my husband and I were stressed out and worked crazy hours. To help ourselves relax and reconnect we jetted off on vacation once a year, and because we like not having to worry about if the water was potable and to spend as little time as possible on a plane... We usually went to Hawaii.

One of our favorite vacations was to Kauai, where we stayed at the Grand Hyatt. It was beautiful, the food was great and the pool.... wow, I don't even know what to say. Amazing. I distinctly remember amazing massages at Anara Spa the day after our arrival, and the next day I had a facial that left me glowing until well after our return home.

Some day, I'm definitely heading back!

The estheticians at Anara Spa (Maureen, Valerie & Rochelle) put together some easy DIY skin treats with readily available ingredients. The scents will induce thoughts of summer & relaxation, and your soft skin & hair will thank you. I already feel more relaxed!

Face Treatment
1 banana mashed
¼ c sugar
2 T milk
1 T honey
Mix and gently rub onto face. Let sit for a minute or two and rinse.

• Sugar exfoliates, banana nourishes skin keeping it supple and glowing, milk nourishes skin and provides lactic acid, an alpha-hydroxy acid, that exfoliates and cleanses. Honey softens skin and is anti-microbial.

• Can be refrigerated & reused within a week. Double recipe for a full body treatment.


Hair Treatment
1 banana mashed or ½ avocado
3 T coconut oil
Mix together and massage into hair.
Leave in hair for 5 minutes. Rinse.

• Banana and avocado are nutrient rich, nourishing hair, coconut oil deeply moisturizes making hair soft and manageable.


Bath Treatment
½ c oatmeal (in cheesecloth bag)
½ c sugar
¼ t vanilla

Dissolve sugar in the bath water. Place cheesecloth filled with oatmeal in water. Add vanilla to water just before getting in.

• Oatmeal cleanses, exfoliates and soothes skin, sugar encourages new skin turnover and collagen growth, the aroma of vanilla soothes the nerves, reducing stress.


Anara Spa

2 comments

  1. I so want to go to Hawaii but it's a bit of a distant dream so might need to try this instead :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We must be on the same wavelength. I've been craving a spa getaway too and put my simple bath retreat on my blog. Hmmm, must be the winter. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...