5 Years of Favorite Products: CoverGirl LashBlast 24HR Review, The Mascara I'd Use if I Still Took Overnight Call

CoverGirl LashBlast 24HR Mascara Review, Lash Blast
When I heard that a 24 hour version of CoverGirl's LashBlast mascara was going to be released, I admit I was a little bit.... perturbed? Why, oh mascara gods, hadn't this been released years ago? Like maybe.... 2001? When I first started taking overnight call as a medical student? That was in the pre-80 hour work week days (why yes, the hours are federally mandated to not exceed 80 hours now. Which sounds like a lot until you hear that I generally worked well over 100 hours a week as the med student and the residents worked even more.) Anyways, by the end of a 36 hour shift, I looked like a hot mess.

So, this mascara probably wouldn't have survived those 36 hour shifts (it is labelled 24 hours) but it would have been closer than many other mascaras!

To me, this mascara is similar to LashBlast Fusion. It lengthens. It volumizes. It helps maintain curl. Except it just does it for a really long time. At the end of the day (these pics are after about 17 hours) things look almost as good as they did that morning, with no smudges or flakes. I haven't tested this mascara for a full 24 hours (I no longer take overnight in hospital call), but if I did I have a feeling that it would live up to the claims.

I will say that this mascara is a little harder than other "normal" mascaras to remove. It isn't in the ballpark of a waterproof mascara, but it definitely requires a good eye makeup remover and a little scrubbing to fully remove it. I think it is worth it!

CoverGirl

4 comments

  1. I've been wondering about trying this mascara out! I'm *always* on the quest for the *perfect* mascara! tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review! I was curious about this. I have great luck with the waterproof Lashblast. It lasts all day and would last all night, if I didn't remove it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been using this mascara because of my allergies. They've been so bad that everything else kept coming off in my eyes and getting on my contacts, impairing my vision. This stuff didn't budge at all. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE this mascara! I have been using it for about 8 weeks now and I am praying that Cover Girl NEVER discontinues it. I'm half Caucasian and half Hispanic (no curl to my lashes, what-so-ever) so I have to curl my lashes then usually use an expensive department store brand just to hold the curl. By the end of my night, before shower time, the mascara and the curl have check out. This mascara not only lasted all day and into the evening but my curl was held for almost 24 hours! I love it! I live in Baltimore, MD so the humidity does a number to my hair and my make-up so I cannot wait to test this mascara in the summer :) I have already accidently slept in this mascara and was able to get out of bed and not fuss with it and I've also cried in it and my curl maintained! I pray that Cover Girl stays with this winner.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...