MAC Extra Dimension Highlighter Review and Swatches

MAC Extra Dimension Highlighter review and swatch
Sooo pretty in the pan. But, are these super pretty (and pretty pigmented and shimmery metallic) highlighters actually wearable?
MAC Extra Dimension Highlighter review and swatch
Actually, they are wearable. If you want to use them as a highlighter you'll need a light hand, a pretty big brush, and want a bit more of an obvious shimmer in my opinion. It was a bit more "look at me, I have highlighter on" than I typically wear for every day use, though it would be great for going out or a special occasion. Just remember, giant fluffy brush, light application... otherwise I think you risk looking a bit too Jersey Shore.

I actually prefer these for other uses, such as eye shadow. I'm not certain that the pigments are correct for an eye shadow (and yes, pigments are different in eye shadows than in other powder cosmetics), but these are great for that use. They're pigmented enough, they blend well and they last for ages. You can apply them wet for extra intense color as well.

As an alternative, these would be great for Halloween. I'm just throwing it out there.

MAC Cosmetics

2 comments

  1. After looking at swatches of these on several blogs I have to conclude that MAC is targeting a specific age group. That group that can wear disco ball shimmer and not look like a total fool. It wold be so nice for a change if MAC and others would come up with some pretty colored highlighters (and other products) that can actually be worn on skin older than 18. I'm so done with MAC, I need another word for done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted Wishing for Gilt until I read your article and started laughing. "As an alternative, these would be great for Halloween. I'm just throwing it out there."

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...