Milani Illuminating Powder: Add A Little Glow For Less

Milani Illuminating Powder
As a super pale girl, who yes, has embraced the pale... I'm still slightly fighting the pale. I swear that I have "pale days" and I'm paler on those days and it is really easy to look a bit sickly. Maybe I didn't sleep quite right the night before, maybe I didn't pick quite the right eye shadow... you get the picture. For whatever reason, people will be asking me all day long if I feel ok.

To help combat the super pale days, I like to use a little extra color. Usually I use a MAC Beauty Powder or a Bobbi Brown Shimmer brick with a really big brush. I like powders with just a small amount of shimmer, a little pink or peach, and then I apply it the way I would a bronzer. So, a big brush, make a "3" on your face. So, the temple, outer cheek bone, and then jaw line. Then down the middle of my nose and on my chin. The point isn't to actually see the color, but something so subtle that it just makes me look more awake and, well, not sick.

Finally, there's a powder from a mass market brand that I can do this with! Read on to check out the Milani Illuminating Face Powders.


I love that each of these powders has a collection of colors! They mix together for a subtle and pretty look. I can wear each of them for illuminating, but with a smaller brush they all look fab as blushes.




Milani Cosmetics

4 comments

  1. I am so glad you reviewed these Christine! I had passed these up as I had read a negative review somewhere. So glad to know that they work for pale girls like us! I have those "pale days" too where people as you if you feel okay, lol...seriously! On the flip side, people always tell me that I look "healthy" when I wear bronzer. So, go figure! I have some CVS "extra bucks" to spend and I think I will pick up one of these Milani bronzes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't really read any of the other reviews, but I knew I had to write about them when they've been on my vanity for about 6 weeks and I keep picking them up! Maybe other people missed the point? I think they're really pretty. I love that they're subtle but I can use them as blush if I try a bit harder. It's really the low price alternative to a MAC beauty powder, love that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting this. I'm not a pale girl at all but due to my very light skin complexion, and the fact that I tan easily, I wanted some natural looking color and this works perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not pale, but dark, so I can use illuminating too! Thanks for showing these. I don't have $$$ for the other brands you mention, but the$e fill the bill. New follower on twitter, I hope you come to my Halloween Blog Party!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...