Nair Face Roll On Facial Wax Review: I Am Confused by the Lack of Pain

Nair Face Roll On Wax Review
Yesterday I shared a Nair Brazilian Spa Clay Face Cream Hair Remover review, today I'm featuring the other popular option from Nair, the Roll on Facial Wax.

Not everyone wants to use a depilatory cream. I'm a wax girl myself. But, I usually use the wax strips that are ready to use, not the heat up wax. This is pretty easy to use. There is a little tube of wax, just throw it in a sink of hot water for about 3 minutes. When it's nice and melted, it will feel more liquidy, BUT the wax is not hot. It isn't going to burn you. Just unscrew the top and put on the little roller pictured here, which allows you to direct where the wax will go. The box includes a little wooden stick if you're very particular about where the wax goes (aka- if you're applying anywhere near your brows). I didn't need to use it since I was doing my upper lip. I just rolled it on and it went on in a perfect layer, super simple.

I did wait about 1 minute, and then I used the included cotton strips. They're thick and more like a fabric than a cotton swab, it was hard to describe. I just pushed down on it, and pulled back. I really felt like... nothing happened. It didn't hurt. I barely felt it. Huh? Why didn't it hurt? It should have in order to remove the hair, right?

I next washed my face to remove residual wax. The sugar wax can just be rinsed off with water, and it was really easy to get all traces of the wax to vanish. You'd never know it was there!

The real test was sitting in front of my magnifying mirror. Yes, I have one of those crazy ones with daylight bulbs and 10x magnification. This baby shows everything. I was a bit shocked to see that the only thing left was a few hairs that were really too short to be grabbed by the wax. Everything else was gone. I really was expecting a massive failure after the lack of horrible pain that I associate with waxing. What is this craziness???


Nair

8 comments

  1. Great review hun :) I haven't tried this one but I have used their hair removal creams and wax stripes which are £! at poundland, and they are great!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buying this asap! No pain? Must try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been looking for a good makeup mirror - would you mind sharing which one you have? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use this one from Verilux:
    http://www.15minutebeauty.com/2011/11/verilux-full-spectrum-mirror-my-major.html

    The light in it is different, it show soooo much more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. go you need to put it in boiling water or just warmish-hot water?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just used water straight from the tap that was hot and that was more than enough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just tried this and was dissappointed. I like to use wax for the stuborn hairs- no pain is right, the hairs were still there. Felt like I didnt do anything. It maybe is fine if you have some "peach fuss" but for stuborn hair- I found it didnt work at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This stuff really DOESN'T work. Check reviews on Amazon; it's a total flop. I've tried it several times and none if them have worked. I'm sorry I bought it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...