Manna Camera Ready Primer Review: Poreless and a (bit) Less Shiny

Manna Camera Ready Primer Review

I have a love/hate relationship with foundation primers. Sometimes I can't get enough of them, and then I'll go through a few months without touching one. Manna Kadar's Camera Ready Primer is one of the good ones that makes me wonder why I go through those anti-primer phases.

At first glance, it doesn't seem that unique. It is a clear silicone based gel, which reminds me of Smashbox's beloved primer, and the millions of copies. I have an issue with the Smashbox primer though. When I use it after moisturizer, if I'm at all impatient I end up with little silicone pills all over my face. #epicfail

But, the Camera Ready doesn't pill. Even when I use it with moisturizer still wet on my face, there is no pilling! It feels silky during application and it dries clear with a semi-matte finish. When I apply foundation over it, it does help everything look more smooth and my pores are definitely smaller.

What is interesting about the primer is that it does help keep me a bit more matte. While it doesn't have the shine fighting abilities of Milk of Magnesia when used as a foundation primer, it is definitely mattifying.


Manna Kadar Cosmetics

1 comment

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...