Somme Institute Double Defense SPF 30 Review

Somme Institute Double Defense SPF 30 Review

Everyone (yes, including you) should be including a good sunscreen in their daily routine. I'm a big fan of including it in a product you're already going to use (the moisturizer), so it is hard to skip.

With this moisturizer, you get a bit more moisture than many daily moisturizers provide. Which is probably the reason why I found everything a bit too much hydration! Without A-Bomb, this was a little more hydration than I usually have in the morning, but was still fine for my combination skin. I had no crazy shiny issues! There was no residue left behind and I have no problems applying makeup over this lotion.

Note that the Somme products, with their Vitamin A, probably do make your skin a bit more sensitive to the sun. Combine that with the fact that you should be using sunscreen every day anyways... and yeah... you need something like this.

SPF 30










Note that the presence of vitamin A in the MDT5 technology means that this entire line should be avoided in pregnancy.

Somme Institute

4 comments

  1. With sunscreen lotions, some have a more watery/runny consistency than others. Would you apply a quarter-sized amount of this kind of sunscreen as well or are the appropriate amounts different?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've usually heard that the amount for your face is about the size of a nickel, rather than a quarter if that helps. :D For all sunscreens the amount is based on what you'd need to get the sunscreen ingredients to a certain level on the skin, which is how much they apply when they test for the SPF level. So, I'd apply the same amount.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm drier than you (and older too) and I find that this has been a terrific daytime moisturizer for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I apply sunscreen on my face with a pea size daily and liberally on my neck and extremities. This is essential for me and I can't leave the house without it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...