Maybelline Foam Foundation Review: Does the Foam Ensure a Smooth Application?

Maybelline Foam Foundation review

So, I bought this foaming foundation months ago. I've been too lazy/busy to write about it. Also, I kind of wondered if I was wrong about it and I should try it again? So, the truth is that I hate this stuff.


The basic idea is that the foundation foams up and is light and frothy, so when you apply it the application is light and easy to blend around, looking perfect in the end. It comes out of the can fairly quickly and it has a strange spongy/foamy texture. I thought you needed to see it to believe it, so I made you a little video.

Maybelline Foam Foundation review

The problem is the color of the foundation. I often can wear Classic Ivory in Maybelline products, but shortly after it comes out of the can the color changes from what looks appropriate for Classic Ivory to something much more... Oompa Loompa. Seriously, it is orange. The pics above are about 20 seconds apart. I fully admit I touched it to show the formula a bit (hence the dent in pic #3), though the video does a better job of that.

So, while it does do a good job of create a smooth look and, for me it only looks good for a very short period of time.

Stay clear of this product, the color match will be horrible.



Maybelline

8 comments

  1. I know you tend not to like giving negative reviews, but I have to say I kind of love it when you do. I really trust your opinion so it's great to hear which products are busts so I don't spend my money on something like this that I otherwise would have totally fallen for. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lindsey!
    Yeah, I just don't like reading negative reviews, though really there aren't many products that really deserve a negative review. Sometimes if you read between the lines I'll mention that a product didn't work for me and mention who it is better for, that sort of thing. That's usually my form of a negative review. I just can't imagine who wants to buy a foundation only to have it change a few shades and most of the shade is then... orange??
    I had this one sitting on my vanity for a long time, I was holding off on using it because I wasn't sure if it was just me, was it worth it to be so incredibly negative? But, I kept seeing it in big displays in store. I knew readers would be buying it, hopefully this saved a few people some money!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the honest review of this product. I appreciate your review. I really dislike spending my money on products that just don't do the job they are intended to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picked this up and love it for summer, but I do agree that the color match is off. I was aware of this before I picked it up, though, so I compensated. This is definitely something that I wear only during summer when I am a bit more tan. As far as getting it to last longer, I found that when I put it on directly after my moisturizer it held incredibly well. I get about 6 hours of wear this way - which is pretty good for the summer when I am crazy sweaty. I actually really like the finish and weight, but I also tend to like lighter foundations in general.

    I really hope that they improve the color match on this because I think the idea of the product is great and I like the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hard to adjust to new colors from a known product. The foam looks interesting though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, hello orange! Yikes!!! Too bad about the color on this product. The foam idea is cool. But, not in that color. Love the new blog banner Christine!!! The color is a nice change! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had such high hopes for the foam, and the appllication seemed ok, but it's really hard to figure out how it is blending when it is... orange. :D

    Thanks Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought this exact shade too in this foam foundation & hated it. This was after I bought a neutral shade in it. I just decided it was crappy foundation lol. Now I use bare minerals & LOVE it! Wish I would've read your review before I wasted $12 on it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...