Proactiv Daily Oil Control: A More Acceptable Method to Mattify

proactiv daily oil control

I know I'm not the only one that spends the summer dealing with a shiny face. My post on using Milk of Magnesia as a mattifying primer is very popular this time of year. I love it, it really does work. However, there are a lot of people that are very reluctant to put something under their makeup that usually is helping them... well, be more "regular".

Enter Proactiv's Daily Oil Control.

First, yes, you can order it without subscribing to get the whole system on a semi-regular basis. (Order a single product from the Proactiv Catalog, not the regular site.)

Second, while it isn't quite as effective as the Milk of Magnesia is for me, it's about 95% as effective, which still means it vastly outperforms any other mattifier I've ever tried.

It is a milky white fluid, and it really has the consistency of a light lotion that has been mixed with water. When you apply it to your face it dries within a minute or two, and you just can't tell that it is there. No residue to see or feel, no whitish cast to your face... just like nothing was applied. I can apply makeup right over it without any issues.

While my face isn't 100% matte throughout the day with Daily Oil Control it is pretty close. I haven't noticed any effect on makeup wear throughout the day. So, if you want to be matte, but the milk of magnesia idea doesn't work for you, this is definitely the product to check out!

Proactiv

3 comments

  1. I purchased Milk of Magnesia just for this purpose, but I am reluctant to use it because I am unsure of where it fits into the sequence of AM skincare/makeup application. How do I use it?

    Tam
    tshawpayton@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use it as a primer, so after moisturizer but before foundation. If you want to use a more traditional primer as well, I'd use that primer OVER the MoM (or Daily Oil Control, I'd treat them the same way)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried the Murad Oil-Control Mattifier? It's the best one I've used! I suffer from REALLY oily skin and this has been the only product that has made any difference for me. (None of the other Murad products really do anything for me - but I happen to love this one).

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...