A Quickie Light Eye Look: Lightening Up!

quick everyday makeup

In the past, I was the boring eye shadow girl. I liked light, and light only. You couldn't really tell the difference between all of my shadows, though they were different to me. I often only used 1 or 2 shades, and almost always with just a little smudge of liner.

Over the past few years I've been trying to step up my game a little bit, but in large part that's meant adding more depth to my eye shadow. To the point where I'm wearing a smoky eye or dark-ish eye every day.

I decided it was time to mix it up and do something similar to the "old" me, a light eye and darker liner. I also mixed it up with a bright, summery lippie.

Read on to see what I used.


Face
Foundation is Hard Candy Just Face It
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealer: I recently purchased this to review and while it is a lighter coverage than I usually use in my undereye area it did a great job of making me look more awake.
CoverGirl Advanced Radiance Pressed Powder
ELF All Over Color Stick in Pink Lemonade

Eyes
NYX Eye Shadow Base
Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy: Think of this as "glue" to hold down the loose shadow and make the colors more intense. I've found that it especially emphasizes any minor colors in the shadow such as a shimmer.
BFTE loose shadows in Very Vanilla and Lace
L'Oreal Infallible Lacquer Liner in Blackest Black
CoverGirl Perfect Point Plus liner in Black
Beauty Addicts Show Off Mascara in Black

Lippie
Fyrinnae Lip Lustre in Visual Kei: I need to post a full review, but I'm in serious love with this product. It's different than any other lip product that I've ever used, the color is amazing, it is not at all sticky, and you can order a little $2 sample to just try out the color. I've just ordered this in a full sized version as well as 3 other colors.



As per usual this month, please excuse my eye brows. I have been working a lot and haven't made it in for my usual brow shaping in a really long time.

To create this look I prepared my lid first with the NYX shadow base, which looks just like a concealer but does a decent job of preventing any creasing. I then took the Pixie Epoxy and just barely touched the applicator with a finger, and then applied what was on my finger to my lid. I waited about 2 minutes before applying shadow, when it was slightly tacky to the touch.

I applied Very Vanilla to my entire lid up to the crease line. I was a bit nervous because the PE really made it look very white and just a bit... too much. I then used Lace in my crease, which came out looking a bit pinker and more gold than I had anticipated because of the PE. I really loved how it looked!

I then blended everything together using my Laura Mercier blending brush.

Next I lined my upper lids with the L'Oreal liner, concentrating my application in the lash line and making a slightly thicker line at the outer corner. This creamy liner is a bit lighter in consistency than any other cream liners that I've tried (such as MAC, Elizabeth Arden and Estée Lauder), and I thought this actually made it a bit easier to get an even application.

I lined my lower eye line with a very thin line of the CoverGirl Perfect Point Plus liner right at the lash line.

For my lashes, I first curled them (I use a curler from Tweezerman) and then applied a light application of the Show Off Mascara in black to both upper and lower lashes. I was recently discussing this mascara with some of my beauty blogging friends and we all fell in love with it! I love the length and volume that it gives me and the application is very easy. Look for a full review soon!







I purchased the Fyrinnae, Maybelline, NYX, CoverGirl and Hard Candy products myself.

3 comments

  1. Very nice look for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the loose curls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors in the Fyrinnae store but whe I tried to order rthey were closed.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...