Revision Skin Care Intellishade SPF-45 Review

Revision Skin Care Intellishade

Are you feeling a bit overwhelmed suddenly with the huge number of tinted moisturizers and BB Creams that are on the market? I fully admit that it is getting really hard to tell them all apart. However, this one was recommended by Dr. Tanya Kormeili, a dermatologist at UCLA when she shared her favorite beauty products with me recently. Ummm... a dermatologist loves it? I need to check it out!

Like other BB Cream/tinted moisturizers that are out right now, this product packs a lot into 1 little tube. First, it has great UV coverage with SPF 45. It has a lot of my favorite anti-aging ingredients in it (just check out that checklist below, that's really great for 1 product). Not included in that check list are the skin brighteners and the highly stable Vitamin C that is in the formula. While it only comes in 1 shade it does claim to be "intelligent" and work with every skin tone.

First, it wasn't a perfect match for me, but I am very pale and it was starting out about 2-3 shades too dark for me. Considering that, I felt it was a much better match than I thought it would be when I first checked it out. I was able to wear it out and about for the day without an issue. It has light to medium coverage and I only needed to add a little extra concealer right under my eyes. It definitely minimized my pores and it has a bit of a mattifying effect as well. The coverage lasted most of the day, still looking pretty perfect at about 12 hours.

As far as I can tell the only draw back is that it is available primarily through physicians and spas.










IntelliShade

3 comments

  1. Hello Christine,

    I love your posts/reviews! Thank you! I have been egger to try the Revision for some time now. I am 42 y/o, my face has some freckles, sun damage and possibly mild melasma. I am going to Hawaii next week and I want to protect my face as much as I can. In your opinion, do you think the Revision can provide me with the protection I need? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aside from the shade match, impressive that it lasted 12 hours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anon-
    I think it would be fine for going out to shop, eat, etc. In my experience in Hawaii, the sun can be pretty intense there. I usually only apply a BB cream like I would a tinted moisturizer or foundation, so I think that you'd need something more for activities like beach, pool, any active outside things. I usually use an additional SPF lotion and really slather it on while there. I like the Olay Regenerist that comes in SPF 55 for those trips.
    Hope that helps!


    @Phyrra- I know! Usually these things don't last more than about 8 hours, I often have to wear something over them to keep coverage around all day.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...