the Balm's Makeup Brushes: More Powder to the People? Marcia Investigates

the Balm brush review
The Balm is one of my favorite cosmetic companies. I think it’s one of those underrated companies. I’ve got a nice little collection of items from them so when HauteLook had the brand for sale one day I was excited to see that they had the new line of brushes. These brushes are only available on the Balm’s website normally. Whenever HauteLook carries the Balm the products are 51% off. You can’t lose with that.

There are 5 brushes available from the Balm in a collection called Powder to the People and I purchased 4 of those 5. Everything about the Balm is cute and the brushes are no exception. The handles are colorful and fun with their graphics. Plus the Balm comes up with the best names. I love the cleverness of the company. The brushes are also cruelty free which is an asset.

the Balm powder brush review
My favorite of the brushes I bought is the powder brush aptly named Powder to the People. It’s soft yet just firm enough. I swirl it in pressed powder and highlighters for application.

the Balm foundation brush review
Blend & Hand is a tapered foundation brush. Personally I like a softer, fuller foundation brush and this is very firm at the end but where this shines for me is as a concealer brush. It sure doesn’t look like a concealer brush but there’s something about the tip that helps blend concealer around my nose area and under my eyes to make this very useful for me. This brush is so soft too that you want to pet it.

the Balm eye brush review
I also bought 2 of the 3 eye brushes. The only negative about these is that they are double ended which doesn’t work for the way I store brushes. Since the powder brush came in a plastic tube though I store them in that tube and they haven’t flattened out.

the Balm Give Crease a Chance brush review
Give Crease a Chance has a loose fluffy blending brush on one end with a larger flatter all over eye brush on the opposite end.

the Balm Crease Love and Happiness brush review
Crease, Love & Happiness is the crease brush with one end being fluffy and the other more stiff. They call it their “smudger/tapered crease” brush. The one I didn’t buy is Eye Believe, an eyeliner/eyebrow brush.

While I like all of these brushes and do fit them into my routine on occasion, I would only recommend them as extras. The brushes range in price from $24.50 to $29.50 but the brand is regularly featured on HauteLook. At 51% off I’m glad I have them, at full price I’d have been a little disappointed.


Today's post was brought to us by my friend Marcia over at Beauty Info Zone. Marcia is a long time beauty junkie and a fellow Wolverine, who I've been lucky enough to meet in person (she's a sweetie!) I'm hoping to be able to spend more time makeup shopping with her in the near future, especially since we live very close to each other.

the Balm

2 comments

  1. Great review. I love the names of the brushes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wrong photo for the blending side of the "Give Crease A Chance" brush :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...