Sleep in a Pencil: IT Cosmetics Wakes You Up!

hello bright eyes review
I would like to meet the woman who gets 8 restful hours of sleep each night. I’m here to tell you that woman does NOT exist! *And if she did, I would be tempted to murder her in one of those glorious 8 hours of sleep.

So, instead I will tell you about a new product by IT Cosmetics. The brands innovative formulas and focus on anti-aging has unknowingly enlisted me as their #1 fan. Jamie Kerns-Lima, the founder and creator of the brand is my hero!

IT’s newest product, Hello Bright Eyes Silk Anti-Aging Waterproof Brightener Duo ($24) is proving to be another fabulous addition to the line. The pencils are like little beams of light–one matte for the waterline and one pearlized for the inner corners. This problem-solving duo works to brighten up the eye area giving you the appearance of 8 hours of restful sleep. Yeah–it totally fools people like that!

These little fireflies are packed with skin-loving ingredients. Both revitalizing shades have hydrolyzed collagen, silk proteins, and Vitamins C & E for youthful looking peepers. The micro-illuminating pigments of light cause eyes to appear more bright and awake, lips to appear fuller and blur away fine lines and wrinkles!

As always IT Cosmetics keeps all the bad stuff away for us–no parabens, fragrance, phthalates, sulfates, and hypoallergenic and noncomedogenic for even the most sensitive eyes.


I really like the shade of these pencils–they are not bright white so they don’t announce “Hey I’m trying to look like I got a good nights sleep even though I haven’t since 1987,” or a fake flesh color that says “Yes, my skin is naturally the sick-peach shade of a Flesh crayon!” These are a combination of champagne/beigey/white gold that wake up tired eyes in a natural way.

Hello Bright Eyes do not skip, tug or otherwise annoy me. They are smooth and creamy and do what they are intended to do. I did have to reapply the matte one on my waterline midday. Be aware though that I have bad allergies and my eyes water frequently–you mileage may vary. I use them in the traditional way–the matte on the waterline and the pearl on the inner corners of the eye. By no means feel confined to these two ways. The matte shade works great on the brow bone to give your eyes a lift and the pearl also works well for making your lips look fuller.

Bottom Line: If you are in need of a bit of brightening, these are the perfect solution for waking up your face, eyes and whatever else is asleep!



Cindy is the amazing woman behind Prime Beauty, a beauty blog for women over 40 and in the prime of their lives! She has a laid back approach that I love, and her age appropriate (but not old!) tips are amazing. I can't even tell you how many times I've recommended her blog to friends and family.

IT Cosmetics

3 comments

  1. These sound amazing! I love the Prime Beauty blog too!
    Peg~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for reviewing this set. I've tried a few waterline brightening pencils but they're not subtle enough. This seems like such a wonderful alternative, and is going on my holiday wish list ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love It Cosmetics, but I haven't even read about these until your post. Look great!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...