MAC Pressed Pigments: Yes, Super Pretty. But Worth It?

MAC Pressed Pigments
Have you seen these latest MAC shadows yet? They're not really shadows, instead they're pressed pigments. So, basically those loose pigments you're used to from MAC, pushed down so they're not loose and messy all over. But, they don't have the same binders and such as a regular eye shadow, so when you barely touch the palette, you'll get color.

MAC Pressed Pigments
When used alone and dry, the pigments aren't very well... pigmented. The lighter colors are especially powdery/glittery and tend to blow around quite a bit. These need to be treated with care. I've found that a stiffer brush and applying over a primer that I'd use with a loose shadow (aka- one with a little "grab" to it like Too Faced Shadow Insurance or Fyrrinae Pixie Epoxy), and then instead of sweeping the brush I will lightly press or pat on to the lid.

MAC Pressed Pigments
In order to show how pretty these colors are, I've patted them over a very light layer of Pixie Epoxy. You can see with the right primer they can really be intense and the shimmer is insane!

MAC Pressed Pigments
Amethyst is the color I've used the most so far, I've found that a dry brush with a very light patting over other colors adds a very pretty shimmer/sparkle! I've used it for a few purple-ish smoky eyes (I have pics coming soon for one), and it was amazing!

MAC

3 comments

  1. You've made them look so pretty...I'm very tempted now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried them yet. I already have a ton of pigments. I can't justify any more lol.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...