Nair Body Hair Remover

Believe it or not, one of the most popular posts on this blog was my review on SH Spray-On Shower-Off Hair Remover. I know, strange but true. So, as I'm continuing my quest to find a great hair remover, I thought I'd post about the "New" Nair.

I don't know about you, but I pretty much just buy Nair about 1-2x a year, and every time I do, it is for a vacation in which much time will be spent in a bikini! Every purchase I have made, the bottle is labelled "NEW & Improved!" As I don't buy it often enough, I honestly can't tell you with 100% certainty whether this formula in this current bottle is new (actually, the bottle may be all that is actually new), but I can tell you that it works.

Here are the downsides to using Nair:
1. The smell is horrid. They are always trying to cover it up with some new combination of peach, celery and passion fruit or something. This does not work, it always smells like chemicals.

2. You always have to spread it with your hands. I have a fake plastic razor (it came with my Veet purchase last year, another hair remover I should review), and even this is not enough help to prevent me from spreading it with my fingers. After you wash it off, your fingers will feel very slippery for about 10-20 minutes. I'm not sure why this is, if it is stripping off your oils or something. However, I find this very disconcerting. I feel as though it is still on me, and I don't want to wash my hair for fear of suddenly being bald.

3. It always takes longer than the bottle says on the front. Read the directions, the real time is the "maximum" time allotted.

The good thing about Nair? It really and truly does work. This "new formula" that I bought a few weeks ago very well might be new, this one took 7-8 minutes rather than 10. My skin didn't get itchy while it was on, and more hair came off more easily. My bikini line was pristine for about 5 days afterwards, as opposed to my normal 3 days.

While I certainly don't have the time before my shower to add this to my daily/weekly routine, this is certainly a product that I will purchase again, and I recommend you check out the "new" formula as well!

No comments

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...