My First MAC- MAC Rushmetal Collection Pigment and Lipstick

So, I'm thinking that this is probably not the best place to mention it, but I'll say it anyways in the interest of full disclosure. Until last week I owned nothing MAC. I once owned a Spice Lip Liner and a lipstick of some sort, but they were lost in the move between Michigan and California over 4 years ago. As a Makeup Alley Addict, beauty blogger and a resident of Orange County, California, I'm definitely in the minority! I've heard great things about MAC over the years, and more than once I have decided to go and try out their products. However, once at the mall I get intimidated by the crowds of people with perfect makeup (I'm more of a natural makeup look girl), so I run away to my sanctuary, the Bobbi Brown counter!

Now, I have to say that I may now have been ruined forever! I too will now be looking forward to each MAC collection, and I'm thinking about which MAC pigments I need to try out! It is definitely possible to be a "Bobbi Girl" with a natural look and use (and love) MAC's products! Tonight I'll review my products from this summer's Rushmetal collection, coming soon a review on the 3D lip gloss.

Truthfully, I was at first a tad afraid of the pigment. It comes in what is actually a rather large jar, with nothing to prevent you from applying the entire thing at once to your face (or spilling it on your white carpet!) My pigment is a very pretty rose with gold shimmer, called Revved-Up. On the MAC site this is listed as an icy rose with frost, but I think that my description, and most especially my picture, are more accurate.

I LOVE this pigment! While it takes a little bit of practice to get used to using pigment, I think that this is pretty much the ultimate product in terms of versatility! I tend to use the powder that is inside of the lid, this helps limit what I pick up with my brush. I have found that when using pigment as a blush, it looks much more natural if I wipe the brush on the back of my hand before application. While I wouldn't wear this shade as an eyeshadow, I did try it out this way. The pigment was very easy to apply with an eyeshadow brush. The pigment is obviously very pigmented, so just a little goes a long way, it is easy to blend properly and long wearing. I've been looking at some of the pigments on-line to try out as eyeshadows, and I have to say that I'm excited to go to the MAC counter now!

I also tried out the Rushmetal Lipstick in Fastlane. Lipstick is what made MAC famous, and I can see why. This lipstick applies wonderfully, feels great on the lip, and is long wearing. While it didn't last me through a meal, it did last all morning without needing reapplication, a minor victory in my eyes! The shade I have is a very pretty dark mauve with a silver pearl finish, and it is incredibly flattering on me. Really, to the point of Holy Grail status!

I thought seriously about running out to my local MAC counter and buying backups of both these limited edition shades. However, I've opted to join the legions of MAC fans eagerly awaiting the next collection, Smoke Signals came out this week and I'm eager to see the shades in person!

MAC Rushmetal Collection

8 comments

  1. Isn't MAC great??? You will love the 3D Lipglass in "Lightswitch", since you are a natural girl, it's a nice hint of pink with subtle shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeek! Did the MAC pigments I sent you bring over to the other side?? I was *SO* hoping they would! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome to the MAC world. Be carful though, the Limited Edition collections can become an addiction!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vanessa- So glad you're here! Can you send me an e-mail, I have a question for you and you don't have a contact on your blog. :D I'll check out Lightswitch as well, I already have In 3D (reviewing it today actually), and I love that color! Such depth!

    Littlesunshine- OMG, you definitely contributed! I've been using the pigments you sent me the past couple of days, they are great pretty much everywhere- as highlighter, eyeshadow, with my blush.... You've corrupted me!

    Heather- This is what I was afraid of, now I can't wait for the next collection! I'm already out of storage space, I need to buy some more... An addiction has been born!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL enjoy your new mac sadly it's the beginning of the end for you now! Once you get started on the road to MAC there is no looking back ;) Take advice from a MAC whore get out while you still can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    hehe!

    Enjoy your goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. MAC is addictive. But it is a fun addiction!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm glad you've come to the dark side! mac is my absolute favorite. their pigments in ALL their makeup are so true, so long-lasting... i try and try other things but i love them best. now, that being said. i have had some wonderful natural looks done with mac makeup as well. just don't get too hooked on anything you buy limited, or you're setting yourself up for a lifetime of heartbreak! luckily, they usually have something lying around that can approximate. and sometimes certain limited things are made permanent. i'm just sayin'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOHHH when you get addicted to MAC, you hit hard, find yourself at rock bottom and then try to sober up... be strong! just don't sell your soul on ebay trying to make money to support your habit...LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...