OPI Holiday 2007- The Hollywoods!

This year many of the fall nailpolish collections were a big dissapointment to me. As a polish addict (I spend a lot of time over on the MUA nail board and I own well over 100 polishes), I was hoping for some rich reds and jewel tones that would work for my cool toned skin. Instead, nearly every collection was warm, and made my hands look like they were dead!

Well, here comes OPI to the rescue with their Holiday Collection! Cool girls rejoice, there are a lot of great options for us in the collection!

With this collection, it appears that OPI has listened to the complaints of consumers regarding the issues with their new "Big 3 Chemical Free" formulas. In the past, the formula has been very hit or miss, with some colors very runny and hard to apply due to pooling and others so thick and gloppy that you need to thin the bottle with about a teaspoon of thinner! This collection is very consistent in the viscosity of the polish. Though the polish is on the thinner side, I know that many of the ladies on the nail board are very happy with this. Personally, I did have a little bit of pooling issues off to the side of my nails, but this was easily overcome with thinner coats.

The Reds
The reds in this collection are all huge standouts. They have fantastic shimmer and they are all very richly colored. I bought all of the reds, and although I can't find my pics of No Autographs, Please, Here they all are for your viewing pleasure. The pics I selected are as true to life as I could get them (I take about 20-30 pics for each shade and spend a long time picking out the perfect picture). I love all of these shades on me with the exception of Wine Me and Dine Me, which has beautiful coppery shimmer. This color is simply too warmly toned for me, but would be perfect on my mom and sister!




The Dazzling Darks and Neutrals
Some of the shades in this part of the collection will definitely turn out to be all-time favorites of mine, and I know that I'll need to buy "back-up" bottles of several of these shades! I only bought 4 shades from this part of the collection.

Who are you Wearing is a very interesting color. It's a blue/purple shade that changes color depending upon the light and how many shades you have applied. It's perfect for the trendy girl this fall that wants to do the dark blue nails that are so popular, but not be wearing Russian Navy like everyone else!

My Big Break is a very pretty mid-tone purple. I don't know of another shade that could be considered a close match. It reminds me mostly of Essie's China Doll in it's tone.

Have you seen my Limo is a very pretty dark purple with green shimmer/flash. It reminds me quite a bit of Elizabeth Arden's Chelsea Heather (one of my favorite shades), but many shades darker. For a similar green on your polishes you can try to layer OPI's Fireflies over any polish!

Finally, Hollywood Blonde is a very pretty pink/gold tone. It is very shimmery, and reminds me of a toned-down Designer Series polish. It took 3 coats to opacity, but in the end it was well worth it! It would be easily layered over a ridge filler to improve coverage.




This collection was due to hit stores on October 4th, but hasn't been seen in very many brick and mortar stores yet. I bought mine at a nail supply store.

4 comments

  1. Great pics! I can't wait to play with mine. I think Call My M-Agent-A looks best on you but they're all very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call My M-Agent-A looks amazing! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree...awesome pics! I prefer the "I Red The Script" on you...but all of them look fantastic, natch. You're so industrious, Christine...how long does it take to do your nails and take all of the photos? Just looking at all of your hard work is making me tired.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...