My Favorite Products of 2008


End of the year lists are really much harder to make than you think. I found a lot of great products this year, and sometimes I honestly do not prefer one over another. Last year's list ended up being just a run down of many items I had reviewed all year long. I've decided that this year I'll concentrate on just a few products that have really changed what I'm doing each and every day in my normal routine. Products that I know I'll come back to over and over again, that I discovered this year. Some of these things haven't had a full review yet, but I'll talk about them a little bit here!

Living Proof
I gave a little bit of background information on this new line back when it was about to be available for the first time. I've since tried the line out and have honestly just been too busy to write up a full review.

This anti-frizz line is frankly just amazing. You apply a bit to damp hair, comb through, style as usual. The result is no frizz, easy to style hair that is not at all weighed down. In fact, you can't even apply too much of it. Unlike other products this even works despite humidity, rain, and lasts all day long. No late afternoon frizzies! This is amazing, and I'm in love!

AG Hair Colour Savour Line
This line from up north (Canada) is just perfect for my hair. After years of looking a product has bumped Pureology's Hydrate line out of my "favorite" spot! I get perfect hair when I use this. I have volume, I'm not dry, less frizz, styling is easier and faster. I haven't bought giant bottles of it yet (waiting for the Pureology to run out), so until then this is actually sitting in my shower waiting to be used on "special" days! You can check out my full review from October.

Cover Girl's Aquasmooth Compact Foundation
I've bought this a few times since my original review, and it's definitely still my go to product for fast, easy and natural looking makeup every day. It also helps that it's so readily available and cheap!

Tarte's Eraser Concealer
Fast, easy to use, highly pigmented without settling into fine lines or turning cakey. This is definitely a holy grail product for me, I don't know what I did until I found it!

Clarisonic
Not exactly cheap, and probably not necessary in one's life, but since first trying out this hand held device I have become completely addicted! I use it in the shower every morning, and I do think my complexion is better because of it.

Fragrances
I've been trying to branch out this year into new notes and fragrance families, so I've tried a lot of different scents this year. My two top picks are definitely Ralph Lauren's Notorious, which I wear to work and on weekends, as well as Elizabeth Arden's Red Door Shimmer which was my go-to holiday fragrance! It really just got me into the holiday spirit but didn't smell like pumpkin pie or apple spice.

6 comments

  1. I have to agree with you on the Cover Girl on the go foundation. I love the stuff. Just plain quick & easy.

    Great list & blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we have some similar fav's..Just bought Tarte's Eraser Concealer today..wow,what a difference!My Clarisonic just got shipped out today,yay! one question though,how can you tell which color of the CG Aquasmoothers foundation you need(the cover is closed)? I am a MAC N4(if that helps)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous site. These hair care products sound interesting. I will be back again! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope they're not discontinuing the cg aquasmoothers compact, because my sweetbay grocery store has them on clearance right now for 2.40!!! I bought one and it's really fresh so I don't think it's because those were expired. Hopefully they had another good reason to clearance them!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...