Poolside Beauty: How I Waterproof


I am not the type of girl to go out without makeup. I need at least concealer, blush and mascara. I'm more comfortable with more. So, what to do when the place I'm going involves getting wet, and therefore losing most of that carefully applied makeup? Well... I do pare down some. But I also waterproof as much as possible.

When I was in Hawaii recently, I used these products everyday poolside. I'm sure that there are some alternatives, but I wanted to share these with you.

Secret Waterproof: This stuff really works. It survived all of my swims in the pool and kept me sweat free in the heat and humidity afterwards. I forgot it one day and used my regular Secret instead. I definitely noticed a difference! I'm taking this on all tropical vacations for now on.

Cover Girl LashBlast Waterproof: It works just as well as the original at lengthening and volumizing. It is most definitely waterproof, even if you rub your eyes and such (so, perfect for weddings). The only issue I can find is that it is very hard to remove. I've tried LashX Lash Cleanse, a few Neutrogena and Olay choices... Only Lancome seems to actually remove it, and even then it takes a few cotton rounds.

Smashbox Limitless Waterproof Eye Liner: This liner has it all. It applies easily, smudges well for the first minute or so, and then becomes waterproof. It completely stood up to everything without an issue. It removes easily with pretty much any eye makeup remover. It comes in an array of colors and even has a sharpener built into the cap!

Philosophy The Supernatural Creme Blush: Ok, yes, this is not waterproof. But, if you don't rub your cheeks it does seem to stay put despite swimming. The creme formula also makes it pretty easy to apply over your sunscreen.


I bought the LashBlast and Smashbox liner.
The Secret and Philosophy were samples.

6 comments

  1. Now I'm excited to try the Secret Waterproof! I thought it would be just a gimmick so I never bought it before, but I will definitely try it now! I am going to Hawaii soon too and will see how it fares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeni- The Secret is no joke, that stuff works! I was swimming a couple of times an afternoon and still fine afterwards. It would be great in a high humidity situation too, I imagine.

    Crystal- I am pretty high maintenance, so yeah, I do wear mascara while swimming! In the past I've used other waterproof mascaras, but this was by far the best swimming experience I've had with one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine/Jeni,

    I used the Secret Waterproof as a bridesmaid in 90+ degree weather and humidity and the other bridesmaids actually took note that I was the only one who didn't 'pit-out' the dress.

    I guess what I'm saying is I agree - the stuff is no bologna.

    Ash in NJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great product recommendations! I love a smoky eye for evening, but in the heat of summer, the make-up starts to drift. After a few hours I start to look like the first female member of KISS. I'm going to try your products out this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh... waterproof Secret! It's never even occurred to me that there might be a waterproof deodorant! I always sneak mine along with me when I go to the beach for when the first application wears off. This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is also a waterproof foundation that sells at Merle Norman..I used to work there and would wear it all the time..You can go swimming and it all stays on, no lie!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...